Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ronald Weasley's Diary-Chp Finale

CHAPTER THIRTY: WORDS I’LL NEVER UNDERSTAND

One day, Harry Scarface said to me, “If you’re not a retard, your days would be so much different than what you’re going through right now, you get me?”

Nope.

“If you are just like us, then no one would ever bully you. You can be just like everybody else: studying, writing, playing ball, fighting…”

I said, “The professor said we shouldn’t fight.”

Harry Scarface laughed, “I don’t mean that. If you could fight like everyone else, that means you are equals. Well, at least mentally, there’s no comparison between who’s the hero and who’s the bastard.”

I then said, “Mother said we should not say the word ‘bastard’.”

Harry Scarface stopped talking. He looked at me and kept on smiling.

I asked, “What are you smiling at?”

Harry Scarface replied, “Actually, to be honest, smart people aren’t really any happier than a retard. Did you know that?”

How am I supposed to know?

I said, “Being a retard ain’t that good.”

Harry Scarface asked, “And what’s so bad about being a retard?”

“Can’t write good English.”

“And?”

“Can’t do Math.”

“What else?”

I thought really hard, but I couldn’t think of anything ‘coz I’ve forgotten what else the school has in exams. So I said, “There’s a lot more. I dunno how to say it.”

“Life is not all about language and science,” Harry Scarface replied, then patted my shoulder and asked, “What do you want to be in the future?”

I shook my head, “I don’t know.”

Harry Scarface said, “Same here. We’ll see what comes up.” He thought for a while, then said, “I will always be your best friend, and forever your boyfriend.”

I nodded my head and replied, “Me too.”

Then one day, a professor I didn’t know told me she wanted to ‘interview’ me, so I followed her to the office to be interviewed.

She had a very nice voice when she spoke, asking, “Ronald Weasley, what do you hate the most in school?”

I thought for a while, then said, “I don’t hate anything.”

“Really?”

Oh, it finally crossed my mind, so I said, “I hate rainy days. It gets my shoes all wet.”

The professor shook her head and said, “I don’t mean that. Is there anyone who bullies you or scold you that makes you very angry?”

I nodded.

She asked, “Who?”

I replied, “Mother always scolds me and tells me to hurry up with the bathing.”

“I don’t mean that,” the professor shook her head again.

I didn’t know what else to say, so I shut up.

In the end, the professor rubbed my head and said, “Next time if anyone cross your path, you must report to your professor, or you can come to the counseling room and look for me, OK?”

I nodded my head. But I didn’t know what ‘cross my path’ means. Is it something to do with people passing me by? Why do I have to report to the teacher about people passing me by?

I think everyone likes to do some strange things. It’s really a bother.

Harry Scarface said, “If there were more retards in this world, what would it be like? The problem with today is that there are just simply too much smart people.”

I nodded and smiled.

Harry Scarface also smiled. He moved over to me, looked around for a while with his green eyes and gave me a kiss, saying, “Don’t worry if you don’t understand. There are a lot of times when you’re happier if you don’t understand things.”

I’m a retard. And I’m happy.

No comments: