Monday, April 25, 2011

When Will My Life Begin? (My Parody)



After listening to Rapunzel's When Will My Life Begin and doing a song-dub of it, I started to think that Rapunzel's life is pretty much like mine: Monotonous, meaningless, going day after day doing the same old thing forever.

So, armed with the karaoke version of the song, I wrote my own lyrics and made my version of the song, starring me! With the help of a lot of friends in between, so kudos to them~! ^_^

If you can't read the lyrics, it goes like this:

8 AM, the usual morning lineup
Start on the lights and turn on all the machines
Turn on the PC, hall lights and the air-con
Final lights at the pantry, and it's 8:15

And so I'll go online
Or maybe surf the net
I'll add a few new entries into my bloggies
I'll wait till they come in
Before I start to work
Just wondering when will my life begin?

Then through the day it's typing and phoning while chatting
Sorting through files, a bit of blogging and surf
A bit of printing and filing, and some RP-ing
Then I'll stretch, cracked a joint, internet down?
Go and fix!

And I'll have lunch with the guys
Though it's the same old place
Then I'll RP some more
Work, I'll procrastinate
And then I'll bother my friends
and joke and laugh like hell
Snack on some biscuits and text my beau

And I'll keep starin' and ponderin'
And sighin' and wonderin'
When will my life begin?

At 10 to 5
Turn off all the lights
Turn off machines like I do everyday
What is it like
To live like in my dreams?
I know I'm worth more
than the life
I'm living now...

Yeah...Goes to show how much "work" was actually done in the office for me ^^;;

Disclaimer: I do not own the karaoke of this song, just the lyrics and the video and my crappy voice

No comments: