Saturday, March 10, 2007

Undying Love-Chp4

CHAPTER 4: THE ENCOUNTER

“State your business, vampire. Are you here to suck my blood or something?”

Raziel was quite impressed at how spunky and down-to-earth this girl was. She didn’t even flinch when he proceed to walk nearer to her. He stopped in his track when he had a whiff of her aura. So strong, so powerful, so…deliciously tempting.

“Who are you?” Raziel asked. “Why do you have such a strong aura in you? What kind of human are you?”

“Unfortunately, I do not consider myself a human,” Melissa flung her long dark hair with flourish. “I consider myself as a being. Those people who come asking for my help are humans. I’m not as degraded as they are.”

“Your aura is very strong. Almost as strong as the beings of Nozgoth, but much lower. Who are you?”

“If you must know, vampire, my name is Melissa Celestial, your resident witch from the East,” Melissa said with an air of pride in her.

“A witch?” Raziel was surprised.

“Yup, a witch, and the most powerful at that,” Melissa replied as she sat back on the swing. “I’m the odd one out of all my family of witches. I’m the strongest and the most powerful among my siblings and relatives. It’s very rare in my family to see a witch that has powers exceeding all records of life.”
“I can see that. You say that your family is a whole bunch of witches,” Raziel sat on the base of the merry-go-round.

“That’s right, including my father. In my family, even men are considered witches. They are all in the East, training and meditating their whole life through.”

“Then why are you not training like the rest of them?” Raziel asked, his hand behind his back, materializing the silver sword.

“Because I hate that kind of life!” Melissa snapped. “Just because I have powers stronger than everyone else, doesn’t mean they can deprive me of my freedom and keep me in the house training and meditating where there is a big world out there for me to explore! So I ran away from home, taking a few things with me and came here to the Big Apple.”

“You mean those little fox elves?” Raziel said, pointing at the chalk-like pens in her purse.

“Yup, totally. Aren’t they cool? Fox elves have been in my family for generations now, and I’ve learnt a long time ago on how to control them. I wanna be the greatest witch in the world and earn big bucks, ya know.”

“All the reason why you should just stay back at the East to train,” Raziel got up, his sword ready to cast its first blow.

“Forget it! I’m not going to waste my life there like my family did for generations! For this generation,” Melissa pointed to herself proudly, “I’m making my own life and my own rules! Who are you anyway? Are you one of my family’s new slave or something, sent here to bring me home?”

“Unfortunately, I’m no one’s slave,” Raziel sneered as he revealed his silver sword. “You should’ve stayed home, because I am here to take your soul!”

Raziel charged towards Melissa with splitting speed. He didn’t think that she would be able to keep away from his incoming. He raised his gleaming sword high above his head and brought it down towards Melissa’s vulnerable skull. Surprisingly, Melissa didn’t even as much flinch. She just sat there without even a small expression on her face while he brought his sword closer and closer towards her skull, slashing her beautiful head into half.

Suddenly, the same force field he saw when he first met this girl engulfed her body. It countered Raziel’s sword and bounced it away from his hand and onto the earth, slashing the tip of a bush in the process. Raziel was taken aback for a second there but he decided to end her life with his own hands. Again, he was bounced back by the force field and was sent flying towards the wall. His whole body popped with static as he tried to get up. He did the same thing again and again, and yet his every attempt resulted to serious playground damage.

“Looks like I have to find a new place to do my business,” Melissa sighed nonchalantly as the force field subsided. She picked up her stuff and got off the swing as if none of this had ever happened. Raziel growled as he got up painfully to charge at her with the sword but was stopped in his tracks by Melissa’s warning, “I wouldn’t do that again if I were you.”

“Why?! Why can’t I get close to you?! That’s impossible for a human to have this kind of power!!”

“I told you, I’m no degraded human. I am a being. An ultimate being. A witch,” Melissa smirked as she turned around to face the Soul Reaver. “By the way, FYI, I’ve developed this force field at birth. All of us witches have this kind of protection, but my family only developed it after long training and meditation.”

She cat-walked boldly towards Raziel, who fell on his knees in fatigue over his countless attempts to kill her, and pushed his forehead lightly with a scorn in her voice, “Told you I am powerful.”

He growled and reached out to grab her when he had the chance, only to be thrown away again by her force field. He had learnt the hard way that her force field was very sensitive to sudden movements that might threaten Melissa’s life. He watched painfully and grudgingly as she walked away from him with an air of pride in her steps.

“I’m going to get you!! Your soul is mine!!” Raziel snarled before she disappeared out of sight. Melissa waved him away like he was some kind of insignificant piece of shit. He slowly got up and picked up his sword. He angrily stabbed the sword onto the ground, venting out his anger at such defeat before dematerializing it back into his hand.

As the sun began to set and the night closed in, he tore off the old ragged robe he had on him for the whole day and walked towards the direction Melissa went, tracking down her aura.

His vow just became stronger.

No comments: