Saturday, April 21, 2007

Paper Love-Chp3

“I refuse to go with you, mortal.”

Legolas had his hands on his waist, an indignant look written across his face. He had spent the night in Toronto’s room, while Toronto slept in the master bedroom. Now he was fully awake, and full of princely protests.

“Come on, Legolas! I can’t leave you here alone at home!” Toronto half-begged the Elf Prince. “My babysitter is gonna come here to clean up the place! If she sees you here, she’s gonna ring the police!”

“Why should I leave your domain and follow you around and listen to your demands? I am Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood, not your servant!”

“Stop being such an asshole, Legolas! I told you,I cannot leave you home alone!” Toronto growled as she hid at one corner to change into her school uniform. “Sooner or later, you’ll run loose and start shooting your arrows at people for no particular reason!”

“I’m an elf, and I’m a prince. I do not go around wasting my arrows on useless mortals. Nay, an elf prince always watches before he acts,” Legolas defended himself with an air of majesty in his tone.
“Yeah, whatever. I’m not going to let you freak my babysitter out. You’re coming with me whether you like it or not. Now get dressed!”

So saying, she rummaged through her father’s dresser and got him a checkers long-sleeved shirt and a pair of canvas jeans. She flung them to him and rushed about to get her bag. When she was finally all set and ready to go, Legolas was still in his warrior clothes. The clothes she got him were at his feet in a careless heap.

“Legolas! Hurry up and change! We’re gonna be late for school!” Toronto urged, picking up the clothes and pushing them into Legolas’ arms.

“I will not wear these ridiculous garments,” Legolas said firmly. Toronto found it hard to believe that the real Legolas and the one she read in the books and watched in the movies were so far apart.

“Don’t be such a baby! Are you expecting me to help you change?”

Legolas tilted his head sideways, considering before saying, “I presume you should.”

Toronto felt as if a boulder just hit her head. She flushed red and yelled, “ARE YOU KIDDING?! You’re old enough to dress up on your own, why should I do the work for you?!”

“It is not a foreign thing for me. The last time a foolish human strayed into the depths of Mirkwood, she became my personal dresser.”

“You guys actually have human slaves?” Toronto wrinkled her nose in horror.

“It is an unsightly thing to happen, but yes, we do have a few human servants. We cannot risk them running around in the wild to expose the doorway to our world.”

“You show yourselves in front of a few thousand people of Rohan.”

“Yes, but only very, very few people know where our world exactly is. That includes Estel.”

“Well, still,” Toronto said as she shoved the clothes closer to Legolas’ chest, “I’m not your slave and I’m not going to help you do your stuff. In my house, you do things by yourself. No help from me!”

“But,” Legolas gazed deep into her eyes again and smirked cunningly, “I’m sure you want to help me change now, don’t you?”

Toronto blushed even redder than before. That Elf Prince actually seeped through her mind! It seems that the book she read about elves having the ability to read minds was true. Slowly, with quivering hands, she undid the buttons of his warrior shirt. She unfastened the clasp of his cloak and let it slide down to the marble floor. She removed the heavy gear off his shoulders and arms. Then, her face redder than the reddest redcurrant, she undid his pants and gear and his boots. She closed her eyes when she took his pants off his feet. Deep down inside her, she wanted to see how a naked elf—especially her dream prince Legolas—looks like, but her conscience got the better of her. With her eyes still closed, she slipped in the checkers shirt on him and wore him the jeans. She sighed with relief after helping him zip up his jeans and buckling it up, glad that it was over.

When she opened her eyes, she was amazed to see how astounding he looked in casual wear. “Not bad, Legolas. Besides the pointed ears, you really look like any other human being!”

“I do not wish to be degraded into an incompetent mortal,” Legolas sulked a little, folding his arms.

“Well, you’ll just have to live with it then,” Toronto grabbed her bag and her lunch box. She took Legolas’ hand (and was surprised that she did so) and led him out of her apartment and into the streets.

She couldn’t persuade him not to bring his bow and arrows, though.

No comments: