Saturday, October 29, 2011

Deaths of Artists

RIP Takeshi Shudo

The creator of Pokemon, Takeshi Shudo, passed away at 4:03 AM JST on October 29th at the age of 61.

“MSN Japan reports that Takeshi Shudō, former head writer of the Pokémon anime, collapsed at Nara railway station’s smoking area around 6:00am on Thursday, October 28th. Upon being discovered by a passerby, he was rushed to the hospital and is undergoing surgery. It was soon determined at the hospital’s emergency care center that Shudō had suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage in his head. ” -bulbanews


RIP Yoshito Usui


I found out a few weeks ago from a fellow Deviant Art friend of mine, Raidenokreuz, that Yoshito Usui, creator of Crayon Shin Chan was dead. He died on Sept 11 on a hiking accident. Autopsy shows that he might have fallen to his death while taking a picture from a cliff as a broken digital camera was found beside his body at the crime scene.

I more or less grew up with Shin Chan when I first bought the manga when I was in Primary 4. I totally laugh like a maniac every time Shin Chan does something outrageously silly and that manga pretty much relieves my stress whenever I read them. I never watched the anime coz his drawings is already kinda, sorta ugly enough. But despite the ugliness of the drawing, the humour overshadows it and you can really just forget that flaw and just enjoy the storyline for the sake of it. Although to read this, you must throw all logic away.

I've read his other works before and they were quite...adult-themed in nature, not for kiddies' eyes, but other than that, his works still rocks. I was in shock to hear about his death. It was just so...overwhelming to hear that this man who had brought smiles and laughter to everyone in the world would be...well...dead.

Even my fiance was shocked. First we lost the King of Pop Michael Jackson, then we lost Farah Fawcett, one of the women who started Charlie's Angels, and now this. What is it with this year and celebrities' deaths?

RIP, Yoshito Usui. You'll be dearly missed...


One of them I already posted in my personal blog but since it's art-related, I decided to post a copy here

No comments: