Monday, November 9, 2009

Our Once A Month Romance-Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

His three days were almost up. He had done as much as he could do. He had gotten his secret luggage all packed and hidden under his bed, ready whenever the ninja monkey comes to fetch him. He had written his letter of resignation to the school (behind everyone’s back, of course). He had written the note to his parents stating his goodbyes. He bought the mate that Rufus has been in love with all his life and named her Tanya. He had done almost everything: from giving away his stuff to cleaning up his room for that somebody who might come to rent the room when he’s gone.

He had only one more thing left to do.

Telling Kim the truth.

On his last day of his stay, he didn’t go to school. He went out in the morning as usual but he didn’t go to Kim’s house or went anywhere near the direction of the school. He took a detour and went to Monique’s house. Monique was coming out of her house and was surprised to see Ron coming towards her.

“Hey, Ron! What brings you here? Where’s Kim?”

“No time to explain. Can you do me a favour?”

“What’s in it for me?” Monique eyed Ron suspiciously.

“A full collection of wrestling DVDs, one of them featuring the fight between Steel Toe and Pain King,” Ron replied as he fished out the plastic bag filled with the DVDs in them. Monique snatched them immediately, an ecstatic look on her face.

“What’s the favour?”

“Give this brown envelope to the Principal and this blue envelope to KP.”

“Why don’t you give it to them yourself?” Monique asked, taking the envelopes.

“I…uh…got some things to take care of,” Ron replied as he ran off. “Bye, Monique!”

Monique blinked her eyes in confusion.


“Ron gave me this?” Kim asked, surprised.

“That’s what he asked me to do,” Monique shrugged.

“Why didn’t he give it to me himself?”

“I asked him the same question. He said he had some things to take care of. I have no idea what. He even asked me to give the principal this brown envelope.”

“What’s it about?” Kim eyed at the brown envelope suspiciously.

“Beats me,” Monique replied. “Wanna check it out?”

“So indeed!”

The girls peeled the envelope open and took out the printed letter. They gasped when they saw that it was Ron asking for resignation from the school. They were speechless for a moment before Kim finally said, “OK, this is definitely so not Ron! Why would he want to quit school?”

“I dunno. Maybe you should check out the letter he gave you.”

Without a second thought, Kim peeled the envelope and read the words written in bold:

MEET ME AT BUENOS NACHOS AFTER SCHOOL. I GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YOU.

RON

“So are you going to see him after school?” Monique asked.

“What do you mean after school?! I’m going there right now!”

So saying, Kim dashed down the corridor and out of the school.


Ron spent his day at Buenos Nacho. He drank sodas, crunched a few boxes of nachos, walked outside the restaurant for some fresh air, then went back in again to play the juke box before sitting back at his spot to lick the chocolate sauce out of his sundae spoon. He was surprised when Kim suddenly dashed into the restaurant and walking quickly towards him.

“Hey, KP! Why are you here? It’s not even after school yet…”

“Ron, what is going on here?” Kim demanded. “A few days ago, you were suddenly so nice to me. You suddenly become aggressive to those bullies. You took me out to the movies, shopping and all sorts. And now you suddenly want to quit school! You…What is wrong with you, Ron? Why won’t you tell me anything?!”

Ron removed the bandage on his hand and showed her the burnt mark of the ninja monkey. Kim stared at it intently before Ron slowly took his hand away. Without a word, he took out Rufus and Tanya and put them onto Kim’s shoulder.

you're amazing
so amazing
have I told you
enough
you're my angel
guardian angel
god knows I've been blessed with love

“Ron, what is this? Why are you giving me Rufus and Tanya?” Kim asked. Ron still stood there, gazing sadly into Kim’s forest-green eyes. How was he going to say it? How was he going to tell her that he was going to leave her forever, never to return? How could he even find the heart to tell her anything at all?

“Ron, you’re scaring me. What’s all this? What was that mark about? I thought you cut your hand?”

but if I been gone tomorrow
would you know how deep my loves goes
have I ever told you
you're the one

“Ron, talk to me please. You’re scaring me,” Kim was in the verge of breaking into tears. Still, Ron remained stationary. Ron couldn’t face the fact that he was actually going to leave his crush forever. He couldn’t tell her. He just couldn’t! This wasn’t fair! This wasn’t fair at all!!

if the words don't come my way
hope you still know
hope it still shows
if the words don't come my way
hope you still know what my heart wants to say

Finally, as a last resort, he hugged Kim’s waist and held her close to his chest. He smelt her fragrant auburn hair, closing his eyes to feel every inch of Kim’s body on him. He wished he didn’t have to let go. He wished this prophecy never existed. That way, he wouldn’t have to put up with all this terribleness he had to go through right now.

“Ron…?” He could hear her voice calling her but he still didn’t want to let go. ‘If I could just have 5 more minutes,’ he thought, ‘just a few god damn minutes with KP. Please!’

words so tender
I surrender
to this feeling
so true
my affirmation
my inspiration
darling I have been blessed with you

“I love you, Kim,” Ron whispered to her ear. “I love you so much. I love you more than anything else combined.”

With that, he took Kim’s face and kissed her deeply.

if the words don't come my way
hope you still know
hope it still shows
if the words don't come my way
I hope you still know what my heart wants to say

but if I be gone tomorrow
would you know how deep my loves goes
if I was gone forever
would you know how much I care
you make me feel like flying
and feeling all emotion
that everytime you look at me
you see it in my eyes

When they parted, Ron half-expected for Kim to slap him for embarrassing her and kissing her in public. Yet he didn’t get what he expects he would get. Instead, Kim flung her arms around Ron and sobbed. No words were spoken between them. Kim took Ron’s face and it was her turn to kiss him back. She was kissing him between tears but she didn’t care. She wanted him so much that she couldn’t care about the world anymore.

Ron kissed her back more gently, guiding her mouth to be less ‘vicious’. They didn’t care about the people who were watching them. They just kissed.

if the words don't come my way
I hope you still know…

if the words don't come my way
I hope you still know
I hope it still shows
if the words don't come my way
I hope you still know
what my heart wants to say

if the words don't come my way
I hope you still know
hope it still shows

if the worst don't come my way
I hope you still know
I hope it still shows
I hope you still know
what my heart wants to say

Finally, they parted. Ron stared sadly at Kim one last time before running out of the restaurant. Rufus and Tanya whined, still not sure about what was really going on in Ron’s mind. Kim stared tearfully as Ron continued to run until he disappeared out of sight.

Kim took out her Kimmunicator and called Wade, “Wade, we need to talk.”

“Woah, Kim, what happened?” Wade asked, worried. “You look like you just cried a storm.”

“Never mind that,” Kim wiped her tears hastily. “Just tell me what do you know about ninja monkeys.”

“I thought Monkey Fist is already in bars. I always scan the city prison and I still see a very sad and weak Monkey Fist behind bars already.”

“No, there’s nothing to do with him. I’m talking about Ron. He’s got a sign or a burnt mark on his right palm. I think it’s something to do with the prophecy Monkey Fist’s been babbling about.”

“I’ll check,” Wade clicked on his trusty computer and got the answers immediately. He then told her everything about the legend of the Ultimate Monkey Ninja and its conditions to be one.

Kim began to cry again as she understood everything that was actually going on.

No comments: