Monday, November 9, 2009

Our Once A Month Romance-Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Ron sat on the sandy beach, closing his eyes, meditating. The sound of the waves soothed his nerves, adding into the tranquility of his meditation. He hoped that his minions back at the secret temple are training hard.

Soon he heard footsteps coming. He opened his eyes and got up slowly. He turned around to see Kim trying to walk as fast as she could towards him with a heavy-looking basket. He came to her and took the basket as easy as picking up a small stone. Kim smiled happily as she laid a picnic cloth on the sand.

Even when it seems that nothing can go right

And you just want to give up

If you close your eyes

You can see the world from your heart

In this world when life can be so tough

You must be strong

Just believe in yourself and don’t you fear

So open up your mind and close your eyes

Take another look from the other side

Kim and Ron sat together on the cloth and tucked in. Rufus and Tanya popped out of Kim’s pocket and also tucked in. So far, Kim was the only one enjoying everything. She enjoyed being with Ron the most. A month without him seemed like an eternity. She marveled at how he looked like since their one month separation: his long blonde hair, his toned muscles, his freckle-less face (which made him the more handsome), and of course, his hazel-brown eyes. If they weren’t so cold, he could be even more handsome.

Kim didn’t mind if Ron didn’t remember her or whether he agreed to her invitation out of a gentleman feeling inside him; she was contented to be by his side. She knew that she was only going to have him this once, and she wasn’t going to waste her time for anything. Ron didn’t eat much—just a portion of everything she bought using her KP privileged credit card she got from Wade last week as a comforting present. It wasn’t much of a use to her before, but now she was grateful that Wade gave her the card.

Even on a lonely night, when you wander afraid

You may be alone now, but

Your feet can take you how far you want to go, so

Just hold on tight, because if you close your eyes

Look inside yourself, there’s a shining light there

Yes, I want you to believe in everything

You can take another look from the other side

Just hold on tight, even if your heart is breaking

Reach into your soul, even if you can’t see tomorrow

Yes, if you have the strength to live

You can take another look from the other side

Until you find all that is love…

“So…is life in your training ground OK?” Kim asked, trying to break the ice between them. “It was pretty…ceremonial the last time I was there.”

“I’ve got some new students last week. They were really determined to learn the art of monkey ninja. They have went through all the deadly obstacles just to get into the training hall to see me,” Ron replied in an as-a-matter-of-fact way.

“Wow!” Kim was impressed. She didn’t know that this ninja art has become such a hit among the outside people. “So, uh…where is that training ground of yours? I mean, the last time I went there, it was like a flash and I didn’t know where I was going and how I got there…”

“You wish to find out about the secret temple?” Ron glared at her dangerously. “I should’ve known your kind gesture was a plot to get to me.”

“Wh…What? No! you don’t understand! I…” Kim tried to explain herself but Ron stood up quite suddenly.

“You’re trying to ambush my secret temple and send people to destroy me, are you not?” Ron advanced to her with a killer look in his eyes. “You’re trying to destroy the art of monkey ninja! I should’ve known that your crying that day was a plot to soften my heart and get rid of the art while I’m not looking!”

Kim back away from Ron, terrified. He was going to kill her. She was sure of it. It seemed that after he became Wang Ching, he became very over-protective towards his art, his temple and his minions. How could she tell him that she wanted to know the location of his place because she wanted to see him? How could she tell him that she wanted to know because she couldn’t stand being alone anymore and she wanted to be with him forever, even if it means that she was going to face unrequited love for the rest of her life? He wouldn’t believe her and he wouldn’t understand either. He couldn’t love her. He never will be able to.

Rufus and Tanya were, too, terrified of Ron’s blazing cold eyes and ran and hid in Kim’s pocket.

When Ron was about to strike, he suddenly stopped abruptly. There was a slight painful look on his face. Suddenly he fell onto his knees and clutched his head hard. He seemed as if he was suffering a massive headache as he soon was rolling on the sand painfully, screaming his lungs out. Kim couldn’t understand it. It was the same way when he drank the water given by the monk.

A few minutes later, he stopped rolling and was gasping for breath. Kim walked towards him tentatively and asked, “Are…Are you OK, Wang Ching?”

“Uhh…” Ron groaned and whispered, “Hmm…? KP…?”

I wish for you to have the strength

To make it through this world

So open up your mind

And you’ll be able to see…

“Ron…?” Kim was almost at lost of words. He actually called her by her nickname! He was actually calling her by her name!

“KP! What are you doing here?” Ron grinned his ever familiar grin and said, “Gee, where am I? I thought I’m in the temple with those monkeys…”

“You remember me? You actually remember me?” Kim was still doubtful.

“Of course I remember you! Doy!” Ron rolled his eyes, then took her in his arms and whispered, “Why would I want to forget about my KP? Although I also remember fighting with that horrible Monkey Fist and you saving me…”

Ron didn’t get to finish his words. Kim buried her face into Ron’s chest and cried like a baby. Rufus and Tanya climbed out of her pocket and joined in the group hug. Ron kissed Kim’s cheek and held her closer.

Just remember you are not alone

So don’t you fear

Even though you’re miles away

I’m by your side

So open up your mind and close your eyes

I’ll be there for you no matter where you are

“I missed you so much, Ron…” Kim sobbed. “I missed you so much…”

“Hey, KP. I’m right here, aren’t I?” Ron grinned as he held her hands and gazed deep into her eyes. Slowly his eyes shifted to the food and said, “Wow! Chinese take-out! Booya!”

Ron and Kim sat together back on the picnic cloth and ate the rest of the food, only this time, he was chattering happily with Kim, telling her all he had been through in the secret temple. Of course, Kim didn’t force him to tell her about the temple’s location; she didn’t want to arouse Wang Ching’s temper in him. It was enough for her to have him by her side.

The stars may live for a long time, but that doesn’t mean

That the same days will repeat over and over forever

No one can see into tomorrow

After they ate their fill, they laid down on the sand, looking at the starry night. The moon was full that night, and the night sky was filled with peace and serenity. They never felt any more blissful than this.

Slowly she felt Ron’s hand on hers. She turned and saw Ron smiling at her with those mesmerizing hazel-brown eyes. She was right. He did look more handsome when his eyes are not so cold and expressionless. Those were the eyes she had brought herself to love after all these years. When Ron advanced towards her and started kissing her neck while removing her black belly-button shirt, she made no attempt to stop him…

Just hold on tight, because if you close your eyes

Look inside yourself, you’ll feel a heartbeat

Yes, I want you to believe in the future

You can take another look from the other side

Just hold on tight, even if your heart is breaking

Reach into your soul, even if you can’t see tomorrow

Yes, there’s another world out there

You can take another look from the other side

And you’ll be able to find all that is love…

Finally, when Kim woke up the next morning, she saw Ron walking away. She quickly dressed herself and rushed towards Ron who was going further and further away from her. She grasped his sleeve quickly and said, “Ron! Wait up! Where are you going?”

“Oh, it’s you, woman,” Ron replied nonchalantly. “If you do not mind, I would like to return to my temple. I’m sorry about my outburst.”

“Ron, what are you talking about? What’s going on with you? You were OK last night and…”

“I must have been so angry that I got myself unconscious. It will not happen again,” Ron said as he turned to leave. He stopped in his tracks and said, “What is your obsession about calling me ‘Ron’? I told you, my name is Wang Ching.”

“But…But don’t you remember me anymore? Don’t you remember the moments we had together last night, Ron? I…” Kim tried to make sense of this double personality of Ron’s.

“Of course I remember you. You are the troublesome girl who keeps on calling me ‘Ron’ and always on my tail. I was unconscious the whole night through; of course I don’t remember what happened last night.”

Kim wanted to ask what had suddenly struck him when she saw those two cold hazel-brown eyes staring back at her. He wasn’t Ronald Dean Stoppable anymore; he’s the cold, legendary Ultimate Monkey Ninja Wang Ching.

As she followed slowly behind Ron who was walking among the people of Beijing, she called Wade on the Kimmunicator.

“Wade, I need you to tell me more about the prophecy.”

“I told you everything, Kim. There’s nothing more to say,” Wade said in surprise. “I thought you’re with Ron.”

“Well, to be exact, I was with Ron, the original Ron, last night. He had this massive headache and he woke up in the form of the real Ron. This morning he turned back into the Monkey Ninja state again. He can’t seem to remember anything we’ve been through last night!”

“Hmm…Maybe I have been missing out something,” Wade contemplated the matter and started clicking his keyboards. A few seconds later, he said, “Incredible!”

“What is it, Wade?” Kim was curious.

“It says here in the scrolls that once a month, on a full moon’s night, the Ultimate Monkey Ninja will have a chance to be relieved of his duties and have the freedom to do whatever he wants. Kim, was there a full moon last night?”

“Come to think of it, it was. You don’t mean…?”

“Yes, Kim. That full moon must have triggered his DNA or something inside him and returned him back to the original state. Wow, talk about split personalities!”

“Thanks, Wade,” Kim said and rushed towards Ron who was walking towards the plains of the Beijing countryside. How he and Kim could get that far from the city side of Beijing, she had no clue. She had to go to Ron and fix something.

“Wang Ching! Wang Ching!” Kim called. Ron groaned and turned around to face her, exasperated.

“What is your problem, woman? Why can’t you just leave me alone? Are you trying to follow me to see where the temple is so that you can destroy me?”

“Chill out, Wang Ching. I…uh…needed to just say one thing,” Kim laughed nervously.

“There’s nothing to say to me. I am not interested. My minions need me,” Ron replied coldly and turned away.

“I want you to meet me at that beach again next month,” Kim blurted out, stopping Ron in his tracks. “You will come, won’t you?”

Ron didn’t reply. He just stood there, his back facing Kim, sighed and walked away quickly towards the dense forest ahead of him. Kim didn’t attempt to follow.

Just hold on tight, because if you close your eyes

Look inside yourself, you’ll feel a heartbeat

Yes, I want you to believe in the future

You can take another look from the other side

Just hold on tight, even if your heart is breaking

Reach into your soul, even if you can’t see tomorrow

Yes, there’s another world out there

You can take another look from the other side

Until you find all that is love…

“OK, which way is back to Beijing’s city again?”

No comments: