Saturday, March 4, 2006

Ronald Weasley's Diary-Chp 1

Started: 2-21-06; Completed: 3-13-06

CHAPTER ONE: I’M A RETARD

When I was in my first grade, one day a teacher took me to an office and told me, “Do whatever they tell you to do.”

Later, another teacher pulled my hand and told me to sit down. She also said the same thing, “Do whatever they tell you to do.”

She first gave me a few blocks to make a circle, then told me to draw a picture, and later asked me some questions. I tried real hard to make a circle, I tried real hard to draw and I tried real hard to answer her questions.

But no matter how hard I tried, she kept marking an X on a piece of paper she’s holding.

A few days later, the teacher said to me, “You should be in Class 18.” So I picked up my bag and said to my former classmates, “Goodbye, everyone.”

And they said, “Goodbye, Ronald Weasley.”

My teacher took me to somewhere very far away from my former class. There was a huge tree, and three classrooms.

I went into one of them.

I tried once to go back to my former class and peeked at my teacher from outside the window during recess. A real tall boy came over and said, “What are you doing back here?” The other short boy beside him said, “Yeah! Go back to your special class, you retard.”

They were laughing, so I laughed with them.

That was the first time I heard people calling me a ‘retard’.

I didn’t know what ‘retard’ meant, but every time someone said it, they would always laugh. So I laughed with them happily.

Students in the new class were very little, yet every class had two teachers. I studied from first grade to sixth grade in Class 18. Then one day, a flower was put on my uniform, and when we went to the hall I heard a lot of people talking and singing.

Back in my class, my teacher held my hands with her red sodden eyes and said, “You’ve graduated.”
So I graduated. Soon, Mother took me to another school.

Mother said, “Now that you’re in seventh grade, there will no longer have any special classes. You sit tight and study real hard, listen to what the teachers tell you and don’t give me any trouble.”

Mother works in the shop selling waffles, and she’s very busy. The next day, I went to school on my own. I tried a number of roads until I’ve finally found that high school.

When I reached the school gate, a very fierce male teacher who had a lot of hair and a bushy beard shouted at me and said, “You retarded or what? Deciding to show up ten minutes after eight, what a git! Go stand at the corridor!”

I stood there for a while until an old-looking female teacher came up to me and explained to the fierce teacher, saying, “This is my student, Hagrid. He’s not very bright, you see. I’ll take it from here.”

So I went into ‘First Year-Slytherdor’.

During recess, three boys surrounded me. One of them had very shiny yellow hair and was saying, “The professor told me you’re mentally disabled. I get it, you’re a retard! From now on, you are to listen whatever I say, understand?”

I nodded my head.

He knocked my head and shouted out loud, “Hey, everyone, look at the retard!”

Suddenly a boy came up to me and scolded the yellow-haired boy angrily, “Hey! You think you’re so smart now, huh, Malfoy?”

The yellow-haired boy was grinning, “Ho, boy! What a class we have! Not only we have retards, we have scarfaces!” So saying, he grabbed a basketball and went out of class.

I looked at Scarface and chuckled, a feeling of warmth churning in my stomach. He was almost as tall as me with quite messy hair, and green eyes behind a pair of very round glasses. His scar was quite huge, running from the middle of his forehead down towards the right side of his cheek, shaped like that symbol I saw on Flash’s chest whenever I watch the cartoon Justice League. I saw his nametag read ‘Harry Potter’, so I said in a low voice, “Harry Scarface.”

He also said in a low voice, “Ronald Retard.”

And just like that, we became friends.

No comments: