Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Ronald Weasley's Diary-Chp 6

CHAPTER SIX: FOR HARRY SCARFACE

Why and how did Harry Scarface have his scar, I don’t really know how to say. He told me before that it was some terrible car accident that caused it, and it was also the cause of his parents’ death. I remember him telling me that he now lives with his two godfathers, whatever that means, and also him saying, “We both are bad-lucked people; you got bad luck by birth and I got bad luck by fate.”

I’m glad that we’re both bad-lucked. I think of Harry Scarface as a brother. He treats me very well and would always buy me soft drinks. If anyone calls me a ‘retard’, he would glare at him or her angrily.

But he was very, very afraid of P.E. class. If I had one lung smaller than the other, I’d be afraid. That was also another place he got hurt from his car accident. When you run with one lung smaller than the other, it slows you down, and the pain inside would make your face look weird.

The weird thing is whenever the P.E. teacher Prof. Hooch said, “You don’t have to run. Go rest under the tree,” Harry Scarface would be very angry and he was say in a very, very low voice, “I can run.”

So during every P.E. class, I accompanied Harry Scarface. Usually I can run very fast, and it’s rather hard for me to run slow. So I grit my teeth, slow down my breathing and jumped with every step. That should slow me down a little.

Harry Scarface laughed at me and said, “You run like someone trying to walk on pins and needles!”
I replied, “You run like there’s a scar on your face!”

“No duh! I am a scarface!”

During dodge ball, I would stand beside Harry Scarface. Whenever there’s a ball thrown to us, I would block it for him. But so far, for the whole period, no one threw any ball at us, so we end up chitchatting instead.

One day, Prof. Hooch said there was going to be a test. She blew the whistle and told us, “Everyone has to run around the field once and I shall time you.”

So everyone went running according to his or her names. She told Harry Scarface and I to run last so that there won’t be any waste of time. I think Prof. Hooch is very nice.

When it was our turn, Draco kept complaining, “Come on, professor, let us go back to class. Are we gonna just wait until they finish running by the next millennium?”

Prof. Hooch glared fiercely at him and said, “There is always something for you to complain about, isn’t it?”

Harry Scarface stood at the starting line and said to me softly, “Ron, this is a class with marks. Don’t accompany me, just run,” he then thought for a while and continued, “You don’t have much marks on your other subjects, so you can’t afford to fail P.E. class.”

I nodded.

As Prof. Hooch blew the whistle, Harry Scarface and I started running. He was running as hard as he could and his face was wrinkled up real tight. It looked rather funny. But I didn’t laugh; because I know he was trying his very best.

But I did hear the other classmates laughing at him. I looked at him and saw his mouth closed up real tight and sweat falling from his forehead into his eyelashes. If they didn’t know what I saw, they might think he was crying.

“Run, Ronald Retard!” Harry Scarface yelled at me. “Don’t wait for me, run!”

So I did.

I ran past the first year classes, past the assembly stage, then past Prof. Hooch. Almost a moment later, I ran past Harry Scarface. His face still looked wrinkled up.

I heard Prof. Hooch calling me from behind, “Hey! One round is enough! Come back! That’s enough!”

I still ran past the first year classes, past the assembly stage, then towards Prof. Hooch.

“You retard! Didn’t I just say round the field once? What was the second round for?” Prof. Hooch scolded me real bad.

I was gasping for breath as I answered her, “That second round was for Harry Scarface, ma’am.”

Harry Scarface was still running towards the flagpoles.

Prof. Hooch suddenly laughed and shook her head, “You’re such…”

She didn’t call me a ‘retard’.

No comments: