Monday, March 6, 2006

Ronald Weasley's Diary-Chp 4

CHAPTER FOUR: CIRCLE ALL THE A-s

To tell the truth, I’m not afraid of being scolded. But if someone scolds me about something I don’t know or understand, I’ll be very afraid.

Like that day, Prof. McGonagall looked rather furious, and I grew scared. The whole class must be scared because their heads were low and everyone was quiet.

Prof. McGonagall’s voice was very high and loud, not like the usual. She was shouting as she flipped the test papers on her table, yelling, “75, 58, 33, 40…Humph! What kind of result is this!”

She flipped the last paper and her voice was as high as those Chinese opera singers when she cried, “Zero! A huge empty zero! Ronald Weasley, why are you in my class!”

How am I supposed to know? The school put me here.

Again, she exclaimed, “For this revision exam, our First Year-Slytherdor got the last place among all the classes, thanks a lot to Ronald Weasley.”

As she threw the paper off her table, she looked as if she wanted to burst into big fat tears, “I get laughed and mocked at by the other professors…I’m so jinxed…”

I might be scared but I have to get the paper back. It was the test on Math and on it, other than my name, was a total blank.

I wanted to write something. I really do. I just didn’t know what to write. I thought long and hard, but by the time I got an idea of what to write, the bell had rung and my paper was taken away.

During recess, Prof. McGonagall didn’t look angry anymore. She drank a whole glass of water, then signaled me to get some more.

She pointed at my test paper and said, “Tomorrow, there will be another monthly test, Ronald. I’ll teach you how not to get anymore zeros.”

It was quite easy, really. Just look for the parts that had the ABCD-s, then draw a circle on all the capital A-s and I’m done.

She chuckled to herself and said, “This is definitely a no-brainer. In every test paper, there would always be a multiple-choice question section, and in every multiple-choice question, some of them have got to have an A for an answer. That way, you might be able to guess a few; if you’re lucky, you might get even higher marks!”

I definitely can draw circles, so I promised her I’ll draw as well as I can.

For the next day’s test, my mood was great because I won’t be as bored as before. I finally had something to do. At every part with the ABCD-s, I drew a very round circle on the A-s. When I accidentally drew a crooked one, I erased it and drew again.

When it’s time to get back the papers, Prof. McGonagall wasn’t angry anymore. In fact, she was all smiles when she told the class, “I’m such a gifted teacher. Do you know how much Ronald Weasley got for his Math test, class?”

Then she announced loudly, “12! 3 correctly guessed questions for all multiple-choice sections! Ronald Weasley, you’re a genius!”

I laughed awkwardly.

The most awkward time was during Biology class. Prof. Sprout scolded the class, saying, “Multiple-choice question number 3, everyone got the wrong answer. Only Ronald Weasley got it right. Are you all retards?”

Draco Malfoy didn’t look very happy when he muttered, “That weasel only made a lucky guess.”

Prof. Sprout got even madder, “If you think you’ll do any better, then make your own lucky guess. If you get it right or wrong, your marks shows how lucky you are.”

I’m glad I could come to school and have teachers teaching me how to study and how to take exams. But I can’t be too proud.

I know what ‘proud’ means. It means someone saying that they understand everything. I can’t be proud, because I know I don’t understand anything.

Harry Scarface said, “You know what, Ron? Some people don’t even understand that concept!”

See? I don’t even understand what Harry Scarface is trying to say.

No comments: