Friday, March 10, 2006

Ronald Weasley's Diary-Chp 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN: WATER BALLOON WAR

They said bazaars are fun when we get to throw water balloons and earn money at the same time. They asked me to join, so I agreed.

Later I found out that I have to stand behind a board and let others throw water balloons at me. I said I didn’t want to. I’m not that stupid to just stand there and let others hit me.

Draco said, “Then what else can you do, weasel? Take a look at the chart. It says: Collect coupons, count money, draw posters, etc…Can you do any of these?”

Hermione explained, “Don’t worry, Ronald. You won’t always get hit. You can move away. Those really good at moving away won’t ever get hit by the water balloon.”

So I decided to become someone really good.

Hermione even said that it’s for our class fund. If there’s enough money to buy a drinking water machine, I don’t have to go around carrying water everyday.

During the bazaar, I stood behind the board and waited for people to throw water balloons at me. Draco was like the people in the market shouting for business when he kept yelling, “Water balloons! Come one, come all, and have fun throwing water balloons!”

There was a hole on the board and I have to stick my face through that hole. Suddenly someone came over to throw water balloons. I looked at him nervously. When he threw, I moved my face away and it didn’t hit me. I was really good.

The second person also missed. He yelled, “That ain’t fun!”

Draco ran to me and said, “Stop moving, weasel. Or we won’t get any money.”

So I stood there and didn’t move. As expected, when the next person threw the water balloon, it hit me and broke. My clothes were wet and everyone was having a great time laughing.

I laughed too. It didn’t hurt when the water balloon hit me, and it was fun getting wet. Anyway, Mother is not there, so she wouldn’t be angry with me.

I wanted to try throwing it myself, but I can’t cut myself in half and let one half standing behind the board and the other throw a water balloon.

Draco said, “If you don’t stand there, who will?”

No one wanted to stand there and be hit, so I had to stay.

I did this for the drinking water machine.

Biology teacher Prof. Sprout came over and she was holding a little girl’s hand. The little girl said, “Mommy, I want to throw a water balloon.”

And yet when she threw her water balloon hard, it flew on the air for a while and fell onto her shoes. She curled her mouth and scolded at Prof. Sprout, “Stupid water balloon!”

Prof. Sprout picked her up, went up the board and asked her to throw it one more time. She frowned, moved her mouth sideways and hit me square on the nose. I rubbed my nose and muttered, “Ouch.” She laughed out loud.

“That was fun!” she said.

“Yeah, that was fun! That big brother is so silly,” Prof. Sprout replied.

She looked a lot like my sister Ginny, without the red hair, but my classmates kept saying, “What a doll your daughter is, professor!”

Maybe they do sell ugly dolls. There’s a lot of things for sale nowadays.

Finally the money we’ve earned is only enough to buy half a drinking water machine, but no one sells that sort of thing, so I still have to go get water for everyone everyday.

It’s alright, really. I like getting water. I used that time to secretly fill up a water balloon and throw it at my own feet. That was fun.

If there’s going to be another bazaar, I’m gonna ask them not to sell anymore water balloons. Because I got so wet and I forgot to bring dry clothes to wear, Mother gave me a sound scolding. I told her that it was decided by the class meeting and that everyone had to have a job to do, but Mother said, “You’re so stupid.”

Even Harry Scarface said, “Why should you let others throw water balloons at you, anyway?”

It doesn’t hurt, really. I only got my clothes wet.

But Harry Scarface said, “It’s not only your clothes that gets wet, you know.”

Sigh. He’s always saying stuff that I don’t understand anyway.

No comments: