Sunday, January 7, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 10

CHAPTER 10: GOOD WORK, TRAIN BOY!

Hey, guys. I just got back. Hang on a minute, lemme catch my breath first. I’ll tell you about the details later.

Twincest: You’re back! Great!
HerbologyFreak: Wohoo~!
Know-It-All: You’re back!
Wormtail: Thank God you’re back!
Moony: Hurrah! Welcome home!

I take a sip of ice coffee before I start typing.

Well, let’s get started then. Here’s the report: first it was the waiting, then the friend came along…

While we wait for our order, Muggle-born asked me a lot of things, like the train incident and our first dinner together. He commented about how we get along so well, and I couldn’t agree more. Even as our order came, his interst in me didn’t stop a beat. Since I’m always the one being ‘interrogated’, I thought I should do the same as well.

“So…Dragon Guy…” I started, “is there anyone saying you resemble anybody?”

“Hmm…Not really,” Dragon Guy replied. “Who do you think I look like?”

“Creed from Black Cat, of course!” I replied, immediately naming the famous villain from the anime. Although I didn’t mean him to be a villain, I just thought he looked handsome like him.

Unfortunately they gave me and each other a blank look, not knowing who I was talking about. It made me feel kinda awkward. Good Lord, have they never watched Japanese anime before?

“Well, I think among us, he looks like Tom Felton and Orlando Bloom in blonde mixed together and divided by two. It’s been confirmed he should be that way since high school!” Muggle-born laughed, earning a slap on the shoulder by Dragon Guy.

“No, I’m not!”

I guess I could understand them not knowing Creed from Black Cat. I dunno anything about Tom Felton or Orlando Bloom in blonde either.

Twincest: Orlando Bloom, eh?! That’s my kinda guy!
Padfoot: I get it! Wohoo! That’s a hottie!
PotionsMaster: Tom Felton and Orlando Bloom in blonde divided by 2? How does that come about?
Wormtail: No way! Creed from Black Cat is better!

“Anyone say you look like anybody, Train Boy?” Muggle-born asked.

“Nope. No one.”

“I think he looks like Elijah Wood in Sin City version. Don’t you agree?”

“Yeah, now that you mention it,” Dragon Guy replied and giggled.

Sin City? I’ve only heard of the comic book, but never watched the movie, and I only knew Elijah Wood by reputation, so I said the most sensible thing I could think of.

“Naw, you flatter me. I’m not that handsome, ha ha…”

Padfoot: Oh boy, Elijah Wood Sin City version? That’s a dime in a dozen.
PotionsMaster: Sin City Elijah Wood definitely suits you! LOL!
HerbologyFreak: God, I suddenly feel Train Boy is so innocent. Ride on, Train Boy.
Know-It-All: Elijah Wood, huh? (sweat)
QuibblerGirl: Oh dear, Elijah Wood Sin City version…

Did I say something wrong…? Anywho…

I took out from my inner jacket pocket the DVDs I agreed to borrow Dragon Guy and he accepted it gleefully.

“Wassat?” Muggle-born asked.

“The Matrix Trilogy. Train Boy said it’s good stuff,” Dragon Guy replied.

“Although I must admit there are some stuff that might get a little complicated,” I warned.

“If there are stuff I don’t understand, I could always ask you.”

“Yeah, sure, no prob.”

Although to be fair, it was kinda complicated for me too.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom but it took me a while coz I was unfamiliar with the area and almost got lost. I ended up asking a waiter where it was and when I got there, someone came out just as I wanted to go in and almost gave me a concussion. Needless to say, I became the butt end of the joke for Muggle-born.

“You seem to be rather…naïve, don’t you think, Train Boy?”

“People say that…sometimes…” I replied.

“Not always?”

Right on the jackpot, buddy, but not that I’m letting have the satisfaction of knowing that.

“You seem to get worked up pretty quick every time someone says something.”

“I think it’s OK,” Dragon Guy said. “There’s very little of his kind around.”

“Maybe so, but I don’t get those kind of people around me,” Muggle-born chuckled happily. “Almost makes me feel whatever I say, people don’t take me seriously.”

“Ha ha, I don’t believe so,” I chuckled back, though I kept feeling that I’m constantly being laughed at.

We parted our ways at around 9pm when Muggle-born said he had to leave. He shook hands with me and thanked me, saying that it had been the most interesting night for him and saying sorry for the bother before he left.

Twincest: That Muggle-born guy sounds like a really considerate guy.
Wormtail: He sounds hot!
Moony: Agreed, agreed!
HerbologyFreak: So, do you know Dragon Guy’s age and profession?

Oh yeah, almost forgot. We did talk about that. They didn’t really tell me their age, only hinted that they’re a little older than I am, and they are working under Dragon Guy’s family business in the higher office department. Way cooler than my job. Anyway, back to my story…

This time, it was my turn to suggest having some dessert somewhere after eating all that Chinese stuff. We went to a French cakehouse and dined on some French sweet treats while we talked about movies, the next restaurant we’ll go to and also about fashion.

“Sorry about my friend,” Dragon Guy said. “He can be quite chatty sometimes. Comes with his job.”
“S’ok,” I replied. “I’m glad I met him. You know…about the fashion stuff you said, honestly speaking, I’m no expert in it.”

“Really? But what about the get-up? You seem to be pretty well rehearsed with it.”

“N-Not really…It’s just that…I kinda rushed into it, coz it’s my first time anyone has ever gone out to eat with me…”

God, I felt like such a fake when I said that.

“Really?” Dragon Guy said nonchalantly after a long silence and a sip of his hot chocolate.

That’s it? ‘Really’?

“I’m not really into fashion too much either, truthfully.”

That’s more of a truthful lie.

“How’s about we go shopping for clothes some time?” Dragon Guy asked.

“Yeah, sure. No problem!”

After dessert, we took the subway and as usual, it stopped at his station. For that 15 seconds before the door closed, we promised each other we’ll chat via sms and wished each other goodnight. This time Dragon Guy kept on waving and waving, occasionally jumping up and down and carried on until I could no longer see him.

That’s about it, I guess.

So tiring. I haven’t type this much since the last time I had to finish my college assignment.

Twincest: Good work, kiddo!
Moony: You did well, Train Boy!
PotionsMaster: Although the line ‘My first time anyone has ever gone out to eat with me’ was a bit of an overkill.
Wormtail: Yeah. Maybe you shouldn’t have said that.

Gah…I screwed up, didn’t I?

Know-It-All: Although I think…Well, let’s put it this way, a person willing to change so much for me, I’d be happy for it, especially when you’re younger than him.
FrenchLady: You can say that. In fact, I think it’s kinda cute.
QuibblerGirl: Ah, new addition!

Is it really? Is it really what Dragon Guy thinks? Even if it’s from a girl’s point of view? But I guess it can be accepted.

My phone buzzes, saying a message has come in. I eagerly read it.

Thanks for tonight. Let’s go food-hunting again.

I send my reply, agreeing to him that I will. I feel very, very happy right now. This is definitely not a dream…

Twincest: Alright, troops! Let’s decide what Train Boy should say to profess his love!
Padfoot: How about “From the moment I saw your face”?
HerbologyFreak: How about “Come with me, your Train Boy, and I’ll start the journey of life with you”? LOL!
Wormtail: Maybe add “I may be younger than you, but I am a hardworker, and I’ll never let you down! Can I love you?” How’s that?
Know-It-All: If it were me, I wouldn’t beat about the bush. Just say it straight to his face: “I love you”!
FrenchLady: Gotta start the battle now! Don’t panic!
QuibblerGirl: Yup! Time is of the essence.
PotionsMaster: Don’t be shy, Train Boy! Take him to a place with great scenery, then make your move!
Moony: I think Train Boy’s straightforward way of saying things is still the best way.

I can hear a muffled line of dinging replies from the chatroom, but I don’t care about it at the moment. All I want to do is sleep and dream of my Dragon Guy.

Dragon Guy…

I…love you…

No comments: