Monday, January 8, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 15

CHAPTER 15: TRAIN BOY GETTING COCKY

Hey, guys. Today I had a good day more or less. Managed to get a deal going with a client and finished some paperwork and reports on time. I saw, as I took the subway home today, a guy who looks almost exactly like the old me. Glasses, unkempt hair, Honeydukes geek style dressing, backpack and all…Come to think of it. It has been a month since that incident. If it weren’t for what happened a month ago, probably I’d still be like him. This feeling I’m having would probably be something that would never be, something that would never have crossed paths with me. I would never have found the courage I didn’t know I had to speak up for other people and I wouldn’t have met Dragon Guy to ask out for dates, and I would never have looked like the way I am now. I probably would never have lived the life only geek boys could dream of. That’s a thing of the past now. Now that Dragon Guy and I have been seeing each other, it feels like a dream, and maybe it’s just me, but compared to when we first met, Dragon Guy keeps getting cuter by the minute…

Twincest: Oh, you seem to be enjoying yourself over there, ain’t ya, lover boy? (growl)
Ablaze: If that’s the case, hurry up and confess your love, dammit!
Wormtail: Confess! Confess! Confess! I compel you!

I have been thinking about that all the time! I mean, since we’ve met, we’ve become very close…but if we actually got down to it seriously, what would happen? I mean, we both are totally different in general. But then I thought, if I were to keep it all in and don’t confess my love, what would happen? Are we just gonna be friends? Or if I still went ahead and confess, what if he rejects me? Wouldn’t that make us become even more apart? If that’s the case, we would never meet each other again, let alone continue to be friends! I mean, the worst part of having a failed confession and/or a rejection would probably be him high-tailing and leave me…

S&D: Even so, you’re still gotta be a man about it!
HerbologyFreak: Yeah! If you really love him, then you should carry on with the battle with full frontal assault!
PotionsMaster: How can you be so chicken shit about rejection and dump off this whole deal?!
Lil’Photog: Yeah, what are you? 5??
GentleGiant: Stop babbling all this mumbo-jumbo nonsense!
GrumpyCaretaker: Go and fucking confess already!!
Headmaster: Alright, alright, everyone, settle down. No need to get all worked up in a bunch!
Moony: He’s right. Train Boy will confess eventually.
FrenchLady: Yeah, guys. Don’t fret. The time will come soon enough.
QuibblerGirl: Ain’t that right, Train Boy?

Again, I feel like being referred to as a third person being debated like this. I answer a message from Dragon Guy requesting ideas on what sort of computer would allow him to shop online, have the basic internet necessities and support big wads of software, and fits the budget. Basically he’s asking me if he could find a cheap but high-end PC. That would prove a bit of a problem, but I’ll see what I can do.

As I reply him some of the models that might match what he wants including the specs of it, I see something in TV that catches my attention and reminds me of something, in which I type it into the chat space.

Hey, that actor promoting the Triwizard brand deodorant looks exactly like Dragon Guy!

Twincest: No…
Ablaze: Fucking…
PotionsMaster: Way!!
GrumpyCaretaker: You mean…
Wormtail: That actor…that has…
Padfoot: THE VEELA HERITAGE?!
Twincest: ARGH~!!! I can’t do this anymore~!! Not after knowing Dragon Guy is such a beautiful creature such as that Veela-descended actor~!!!
HerbologyFreak: Me too…I feel very green with envy right now…I hate you…

I prefer Dragon Guy though…

Moony: Argh~! Don’t say it anymore, Train Boy~!!
GentleGiant: Fine! Fine!
GrumpyCaretaker: We get the point already!
Lil’Photog: Shut it!
S&D: One more word and I’ll kick your ass!
Slugger: DRAGON GUY IS NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND YET, IS HE?

I feel like I’ve just been thrown at with the iciest cold water ever.

Wormtail: Well said! I dunno who you are, Slugger, but that was something well said!
Padfoot: Hey, Train Boy, remember your position as Dragon Guy’s hero! He might reject you, probably, but then again, he might be in a situation where he can’t reject you!
Lil’Photog: You said it! That’s some powerful stuff!

S…Sorry, guys…I’ve learnt the error of my ways…I’m being too cocky…

Another message comes in. I pick up the phone and read it.

Got lots of stuff that I find complicating, so lend me a hand, alright?

Ah, so cute of him to lean on me and beg for my help. Ha ha, I feel blissful all over again! So blissful, I barely register the incoming replies in the chatroom.

FrenchLady: Guys, guys. You’ve gotten this far with him, so cut him some slack a little.
QuibblerGirl: Yeah! If I could be there, I would go to the end with him and help him out all the way!
Know-It-All: Since this is Train Boy’s love life, we’ll just have to walk in his shoes.
HerbologyFreak: You girls are so considerate. If I had friends like you girls, life would be so much better… TT_TT
Wormtail: Alright…Let’s just put aside our grudge on him loving a Veela-like god…
Ablaze: Ditto here…
Twincest: Sorry, guys, making you all so worked up in the first place…
Headmaster: Well, everyone. Let’s just leave Train Boy to his own blissful devices.
HerbologyFreak: You guys are so sweet…
PotionsMaster: Looks like it’s gonna be a long and hard battle.
Lil’Photog: So let’s not waste time!
Moony: I guess I could hold out for him for a while…
GrumpyCaretaker: I suppose sooner or later, Train Boy will confess eventually…
GentleGiant: And that day will be the battle of a lifetime!

No comments: