Sunday, January 7, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 9

CHAPTER 9: DO YOU LIKE ME?

I get a message from Dragon Guy as soon as I got home. This is what he said:

Can I ask you a favour? I’ve got a friend who really wants to see you. Is it OK if I bring him along?

I can’t say no to that. I reply him my agreement and this is what he replies:

Hurrah~! Thanks! He’s my high school best friend. I’ll tell him you’re OK with it.

I reply him back, saying that he didn’t have to thank me, although my imagination of his facial expression based on the message is him smiling cheerfully and holding up victory signs with both hands. Nah, he wouldn’t do that…would he?

High school best friend, huh?

I tell this to my chat friends and ask them what does this mean.

QuibblerGirl: I think this friend of his must be really close to him, and he wants to find out if you’re a good guy (no offense), so keep an eye out.
PotionsMaster: Gay boys are just as picky with the men they like as women do. You can judge it by the message itself. I mean, even regular straight couples have friends that give crazy comments and opinions on other people’s lovers, so if Dragon Guy didn’t like you, he would never have told his friend about you.
Moony: I think he must’ve told his friend about you rescuing him, so the friend is interested to meet you in person. Don’t think too much about it, just go see that friend with a light heart.

Really, huh? Even I as a gay never knew this is what other gay boys think. They seem to know more than I do though.

Come to check me out, eh? If that’s the case, I can’t wait to meet him and his friend. They can check me out all they want, baby!

--:--

Hey, guys. I just bought some clothes for our next date. We’ve decided it to be on the 4th of July, on Independence Day. We chose to eat Chinese, so I checked out on some proper table etiquettes on Chinese cuisines. I spent a lot for dress-up, but for this date, it’s always worth it. I even studied up on things that I can use as topics of conversation, and that includes movies like you suggested. I even agreed to lend a couple of movies to Dragon Guy that he hadn’t watched yet. Oh, and I just got a message from him. He sms-ed me a picture of him and his dog Salazar. It was a German Shepherd breed and I ended up envying it, coz it’s in his arms! I wish I were the dog!

Twincest: Dang, Train Boy. You’re really getting it good.
Padfoot: Feels like Train Boy is getting further and further away from us. I feel both sad and happy for him just thinking about it.
Wormtail: If Train Boy’s love life becomes a success, it’ll be all thanks to us, eh?
PotionsMaster: Shut up, you dunderhead!
HerbologyFreak: I’ll have to apologize, Train Boy. I shouldn’t have underestimated you. At first, I thought we should just support you for the sake of it since you’re so indecisive over a phone call and all. Now you’re way ahead of us, and yet I’m still stuck in one spot.

I don’t know whether to feel good or bad about that.

Aww, don’t be sorry. I wouldn’t have made it this far if it weren’t for you guys. Sometimes I wonder to myself if this were all a dream, and if it is, I don’t wanna wake up from it.

QuibblerGirl: Alright, moment of truth here, Train Boy. I’m gonna ask you a serious question and you’re gonna answer me truthfully. DO YOU TRULY, HONESTLY LOVE HIM?

It is a question I don’t have to think twice.

Yes, I LOVE HIM, coz I can’t stop thinking about him, not even when I’m awake or asleep.

Everyone is ecstatic at my answer, but not as ecstatic as I am when Dragon Guy’s message comes in again.

--:--

I’m standing at our promised meeting place. Again, I get there early, but I’m clever now. Instead of waiting for one hour, I wait for 30 minutes before he comes.

This time he is wearing a nice body-fit black T-shirt and a white jacket, matched with black leather pants and dark boots. He has his slightly longish hair tied into a teensy-weensy ponytail. He’s beautiful, as usual.

“Sorry, I’m late again.”

“Now, really, you’re just in time,” I reply. “You’re never late for me. By the way,” I look around, “where is your friend?”

“Oh, sorry about that. He said he’ll meet us at the restaurant later since he’s got a small errand to run first. So shall we make a move first?”

“Yeah, sure.”

We walk down the crowded street again, and it is even more crowded than the usual weekend nights because of the holiday season. We’re lucky to be here early at least before it gets much worse.

“Kinda crowded again, eh?” I ask.

“Yeah,” Dragon Guy replies. “Well, at least it’s much better than being in the countryside. I won’t get hay fever then.”

“Oh, hay fever, huh? You alright now?”

“Yeah, I’m cool. I’ve got some preventive medication prescribed by the docs, just in case it occurs unannounced. I took some before I came.”

That’s when I realize in shock that Dragon Guy is almost going to walk into traffic because he’s talking to me. Instinctively, I grab his hand and pull him back to me.

“You almost made roadkill outta yourself there, Dragon Guy,” I comment, motioning him to the still moving traffic and the DON’T WALK sign still on.

“Th…Thanks,” Dragon Guys says apologetically. I get a little tipsy after taking my meds. It’s a side effect thing.”

“No worries…”

We then notice our hands holding, with mine in a slightly tighter grip. We quickly let go of each other, laughing nervously, but it isn’t as bad as when we first held hands. In fact, we smile at each other sheepishly before continuing our way to our dinner spot.

Our dinner spot is somewhere in the Cho District of Chinatown where Dragon Guy claims to have some of the best Chinese restaurants around. As we wait for Dragon Guy’s friend, we agree to make our orders first.

“Go ahead and order what you like, Train Boy.”

“I…uh…I’ll eat anything. You decide, Dragon Guy.”

Honestly speaking, everything is written in Chinese and the food description of the meal in English is not exactly too familiar to me either. I’ll just let Dragon Guy be the judge.

“Hey, guys! Sorry I’m late!”

“A little too late, if you ask me!”

“Sorry, my friend. It’s not easy getting out of it. You know how it is.”

The friend Dragon Guy talked about finally comes and sits beside him. He’s an interesting-looking fellow, with longish hair like Dragon Guy the colour of roasted almonds and healthy tan skin, and dark brown eyes like those dark chocolate Light likes to eat, and he’s probably taller than both of us put together. He’s wearing a canvas shirt that exposes his chest and a pair of designer khaki pants and designer shoes, and I can’t help noticing he has a scar on his neck that runs almost dangerously near his jugular. He must have noticed me staring because he gives me a good-natured smile.

“Don’t mind the scar. It was just a car accident. Drunk driving on my father’s part. I see you got one too.”

“Oh, this old thing?” I finger mine on my forehead. “Yeah, got that when a robbery in my home went bad. Took both my parents’ life.”

“Oh, oh, I’m sorry. I heard my friend talk about it, but I didn’t think it was really…”

“No worries. I never knew my parents enough to remember them. No big.”

“Well, pleased to meet you then, Train Boy. The name’s Aaron Turunen, but since you guys go for nicknames, you can call me ‘Muggle-born’. Yup, I’m a true blue city boy born from parents from the countryside.”

I grin. He sure is a cheery optimistic person to make humor out of that racial slur “Muggle” we always call people who are from the countryside.

“I heard a lot about you, Train Boy! Almost everyday, you know!” Muggle-born grins in that mischievous way.

“That’s not true!” Dragon Guy denies it with a tint of pink on his cheeks.

I laugh it away as I let them do the ordering, though I feel kinda left out when I order Chinese tea, not knowing they were going to order beer. While we wait for our order, we toast to each other and do a bottoms up before I decide to order beer as well to accompany them. When Muggle-born looks at me slyly, I wonder if something is afoot.

I sure hope everyone back in the chatroom is backing me up on this.

--:--

8:42pm
Twincest: Will he give us a sensational update now?
Wormtail: It’s still early, dickwad!
Padfoot: Who knows? He might hit the jackpot tonight!

10:39pm
PotionsMaster: Still not on yet, huh?
Moony: Looks like it.
QuibblerGirl: What if he doesn’t come home tonight?

11:44pm
Know-It-All: That’s funny. It’s so late. Why isn’t he online yet?
Padfoot: You’re right. He’s kinda late.
Twincest: You got us there…
HerbologyFreak: I’ve got a funny feeling about this…
Know-It-All: Funny feeling? What sort?
QuibblerGirl: You don’t mean…
Moony: No way…
PotionsMaster: That this Dragon Guy and his friend might actually be tricksters…and lead him to a trap?!

No comments: