Monday, January 8, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 13

CHAPTER 13: I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU

I quickly take my shower, wash my hair, go clothes-hunting in the wardrobe and wrapping up the teacups nicely so that they won’t break before putting them into the box that came with it. As I stare at the teacups, trying to decide my clothes, I remember that I might be getting replies from my previous entry. I filter through all the ecstatic banter to see some decent replies.

Twincest: Ah~! Drinking tea using Dragon Guy’s cups! And only the two of you!
Lil’Photog: The rents not in all the way till night time!
Padfoot: Ooh~! I’m getting goosebumps!
Know-It-All: Can you tell, Train Boy? He’s giving you a chance! He is definitely luring you in!
QuibblerGirl: Letting someone get to this point and if you don’t do anything, you’re not a man! Get your balls moving, Train Boy!
GrumpyCaretaker: Have you washed that ‘lil brother’ of yours?
PotionsMaster: Don’t forget the rubber!
Wormtail: Need some Kleenex to go?

Well, I have washed my ‘lil friend’, but I’m not gonna tell you that. You all are jumping ahead of yourselves, guys!

Impossible! It’s just tea, then I’m leaving, alright?

I steal a look at the time and know I should get going. I get dressed on the next best set of clothes I can agree on, shave myself, dry my hair and soon I’m all set with the box of teacups in hand.

I’m going out!

HerbologyFreak: Alright! Salute!
ParkinsonDisease: Come back alive!
Ablaze: Go, Train Boy!
Headmaster: Go!
Chinatown: We wait for the good news!

--:--

I stand in front of Dragon Guy’s house. The house and the estate looks so much bigger in broad daylight. I wonder what sort of family business is Dragon guy into to get a house like this.

As I reach over to press the button, I recall my chat friends’ advice:

Moony: “I…think I’m in love with you. Will you go out with me?” Yeah! Use that for your goal!
GentleGiant: Think carefully and choose your words right, and you’ll never lose out.

I suddenly feel dizzy from nervousness. I squat down to gather my bearings, trying to regulate my breathing and calm myself down.

It’s just a doorbell, dumbass. Just press it and get it over with!

I get up and steel my heart, punching the doorbell, hearing it buzz like those metal detectors when I saw someone pass through it without removing metallic stuff from his pocket in the airport. Not long later, a voice ring from the intercom.

“Hello? Who’s there?”

“Um…Uh…Um…” I slap myself to stop stuttering, “It’s me, Train Boy.”

“Alright, coming!”

The front gate open, allowing me to enter. I walk in tentatively and stand there watching the front door of the house open, revealing Dragon Guy. The first thing that catches my eyes is the suggestively short casual pants he is wearing that compliments his dark green T-shirt and sport shoes so perfectly. I try to pretend to be very interested in holding the box of teacups right.

“Welcome, Train Boy.”

“G-G-Good afternoon…” I try desperately to hide my blush as my mind involuntarily pop out naughty thoughts from his short pants.

“Sorry for inviting you on such short notice. Come in, come in.”

“A-Alright, thanks.”

“WOOF!”

I jump at the sound of a loud dog bark. I look down and see the famous German Shepherd Salazar in the flesh, panting and wagging its tail at upon seeing me. It’s really huge, and its fur nicely groomed with a shine that might rival any professional dog breeder. It sniffs around me and the box of teacups I’m holding before Dragon Guy comes up to pull it away.

“Be good, Salazar. We have a guest,” Dragon Guy warn as he leads me to the living room. “Don’t mind him. He can be a little excited sometimes. We don’t get much guests around here. Have a seat.”

“Alright,” I reply and sit on the nice comfy sofa. It feels so much better than the stocky hard bachelor pod sofa I have in my apartment.

“So, what’ll it be? Coffee or tea?”

“Tea, please,” I reply as I pass him the box of teacups.

“Still looks as good as new, I see,” Dragon Guy chuckles as he examines the box and the content for a while.

“Yeah…I don’t usually drink much besides canned drinks back home, so…”

“Alright. I’ll go warm up the teacups a little before getting the tea.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

Once he leaves into the kitchen, I look around my surroundings. As expected, it is just how a wealthy person would live. It is spacious, with not much clutter or furniture around. There is a huge plasma LCD TV and the sofa I am sitting comes in a set along with a matching coffee table, and there is a space for a dog pen for Salazar to be in, with toys for him to match. The floor is made of cool marble and the living room has a glass sliding door that leads straight to the backyard outside, which is just as spacious as the living room itself. It is so much different than my rent-controlled bachelor pod, that’s for sure.

I turn to see Salazar sitting near his dog pen, wagging his tail as he looks at me. He barks at me softly for a while, trying to catch my attention. He has very beautiful sparkly eyes that eye at me curiously, like I am a new toy he had never tried out before. He is so cute, almost as cute as his master. I get up and lean forward to him, holding my hand out and he comes to me with his tail wagging. I never had a pet before—not that my uncle allowed me any—but I know the basic commands people use for their pets.

“Sit!”

He sits.

“Shake hand!”

He puts his paw on my offered hand.

“Other hand!”

He does so.

“You are a really smart dog, boy.”

He shows his appreciation of my compliments by almost slobbering my face.

“I see you’re getting along with Salazar,” Dragon Guy shows up with a tray of muffins and the tea. I smile back at him.

“More or less. He’s a nice fellow.”

“You got a new friend, Salazar! Isn’t that nice?”

The dog barked happily, his tail wagging with glee, but he probably is not as gleeful as I am when Dragon Guy unexpectedly leans forward, revealing his chest as his shirt falls forward a little. I can’t take my eyes away from it. That soft, pale skin, that slightly toned yet lithe muscles, the area where his nipples is supposed to be…

“Train Boy?”

Dragon Guy’s voice brings me back to reality. Damn, I hope he doesn’t know I’m staring where I’m not supposed to be staring. It’s hard enough as it is trying to pretend that suggestively short pants that reveal a lot of his thighs didn’t bother me.

“Sorry, you were saying?” I ask, trying not to stutter.

“I was asking about what sort of tea you like in particular.”

“O-Oh, t-t-tea, huh? I-I-I-I…uh…usually drink Lipton, but only in cans, so…ha ha…”

“Well, we have here one of our family favourites the Butterbeer brand Darjeeling tea,” Dragon Guy says as he pours the tea leaves into the teapot and pours hot water into it. “The secret to getting the best flavor out of it is to let it sit just right and wait for the leaves to expand.”

“Ah, OK. That’s something new to me.”

Loaded people definitely have classier knowledge than regular average joe-s like me.

“While we wait, help yourself to some muffins. My mom made them for tea yesterday.”

“Alright.”

I take one and eat it. It tastes of walnut, almonds and chocolate chips, much, much better than the ones my aunt makes for tea. I notice Salazar looking at me with those begging eyes, wanting a piece of the muffin I am eating. How can I refuse? I tear off a piece and offer it to him. He happily chows it down and again licks me in gratitude, almost literally slobbering me whole.

“Totally likes you,” Dragon Guy chuckles. “Likes you so much…”

His voice trails off as he looks at me. I notice a hint of sadness on his face as he watches me being hunky-dory with Salazar. I think I heard him say something about liking me. Does he mean…?

“Um…You mean…the dog right? The dog liking me…?” I try to clarify, blushing a little.

“Uh, yeah, yeah, Salazar,” he replies, seemingly stumbling a little in his words. “Salazar likes you.”

I have a feeling it’s not really what he meant to say, but I cannot be sure. Does he means he likes me or does he really mean Salazar likes me? As I sip my tea, I know this is more or less the perfect moment to say what is in the bottom of my heart. Again, another advice surface in my mind:

Know-It-All: I think if your heart tells you that you can, just say it. Always trust your heart. Don’t miss the moment. Once your heart tells you you’re ready, let the words slip out naturally and there is nothing you cannot do.

I think about the day we first met, the incident brought us together in the first place. I think about the first call I made to him, how we talked on hours at end about setting up dates. I think about going all-out, along with my chat friends, to gussy up myself. I think about the dates we went, about the food we ate, the friend I met. I think about the time we finally hold hands without trying to run away awkwardly.

I think it’s time.

The best time.

I clear my throat.

“Um…Dragon Guy?”

He looks up.

“I’m…”

It’s now or never.

No comments: