Monday, January 8, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 24

CHAPTER 24: DON'T FORGET, TRAIN BOY

Hey, guys. I’m back. Now, back to our story…

“Hungry?” Dragon Guy asked me as we drove out of the car park.

“Yeah, about time.”

So, as promised, we went down to the restaurant where we’d have our chowtime. We’ve been shopping all day and sorta skipped out on lunch, so by the time we reached the destination, we’re pretty starved.

Twincest: Yay! Continue! Continue!
Know-It-All: Ah! You’re back!
ParkinsonDisease: Did you guys eat in a privately booked room or something?
PotionsMaster: So you must’ve confessed there.
Wormtail: Yaah! Cheers, Train Boy!

Again, our dinner spot was his idea. It’s almost like a little restaurant/resthouse where we could eat and relax at the same time. And, if you’re asking, yeah, we were eating in a privately booked room. We had Italian food, and it made me a little nervous being in another posh-looking restaurant with its expensive ambience and rich atmosphere.

But, then again, I’m nervous everywhere.

“Cheers,” Dragon Guy said as we clinked glasses of wine together.

“Cheers.”

“Great place, isn’t it? Nice and quiet and all. Very peaceful.”

“I agree.”

After chowing down some, he took out the souvenirs he bought for me. They were all Hogwarts products, and I felt so small seeing all these pricey gifts.

“Wow,” I breathed as I picked up a necklace. “Another high quality, high priced product…”

“Don’t fret, Train Boy,” Dragon Guy said as he took the necklace from my and undid the clasp. “They’re all very cheap, really.”

When he put on the necklace for me and had his chest right at my face while he did the clasp, I was in pure heaven.

“Oh, that looks so good on you, Train Boy!” Dragon Guy complimented as I checked the necklace.

“T…Thanks…” I chuckled, scratching my chin awkwardly.

Twincest: Looks good! Looks good!
Padfoot: Looks too good!
Wormtail: Mrowr~!
“It’s a pain too, you know,” Dragon Guy said as he revealed his own necklace hidden behind his shirt.
You have no idea how happy I was.
Twincest: Happy-happy joy-joy!
Padfoot: Uber happy~!
Wormtail: All fired up, baby~!

After we’ve eaten, we left the restaurant (after going Dutch, that is) discussing about the quality of the food. All of a sudden, Dragon Guy let out a cry and lit up.

“Let’s go take a sticker photo!”

A sticker what? My face must’ve looked rather confused because he giggled and leaned near my face.
“Stick-er pho-to,” Dragon Guy repeated syllable by syllable. Suddenly the thought of having commercialized mugshots teenagers enjoy taking and sticking them on their personal belongings did not really appeal to me.

“Um…Maybe not…I think I’ll pass…”

“Oh, come on, spoilsport!” Dragon Guy guffawed as he dragged me to Honeydukes. It’s been a while since I’ve been to this place, and it almost felt like home. But when he dragged me into a sticker photo shop, which I had been avoiding since grade school, I felt anything but home.

Not because I don’t like taking pictures, but I knew for a fact ever since I understood the story behind my scar, I did not do well with pictures. I’d look like an utter fool who just came out of a convict centre.

“Time to take the picture now!” Dragon Guy said after slotting in the tokens and pressing the buttons for the sticker background settings. He hugged my arm to bring me closer and smiled at me, saying, “Make a good expression now.”

“Um…OK…”

If only the expression I’m gonna make would ever be good.

“Alright! Snap time!”

We got the sticker picture after 3 minutes of processing. Dragon Guy was gorgeous, as he’s always been, but I…well, Dragon Guy said I looked cute, but I dunno…

I think we were OK with me in it.

Twincest: Wohoo~! Photo-taking~!!
Padfoot: Dragon Guy’s the best!!
HerbologyFreak: Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Know-It-All: Yahoo~!
S&D: It has to be perfect! No doubt about it!
Wormtail: I can even imagine it myself! Weehoo~!
GrumpyCaretaker: Argh~! It’s almost unbearably sweet! I’m dying of cavities~!!
Moony: Memories~! Beautiful memories~!!
Lil’Photog: Far-out!
QuibblerGirl: Such a lovely couple!
GentleGiant: Hip hip hurrah~!!

Anywho, after photo-taking and a bit of window-shopping, we finally drove down to the “battle station”, under my directions, of course. I had a feeling that Dragon Guy knew what I was up to, and I could feel both of us being rather nervous, though we both try to hide it.

RedHeadFreckles: Looks like we’re almost there now.
Chinatown: Yup, looks like it.
Ablaze: I’m getting nervous too…
FrenchLady: We’re counting on you, Train Boy…

It was nicely lit around the area when we got there. The sea was shimmering with wonderful glimmer of light from the buildings across, and the lights from the ship that sailed pass occasionally illuminated it even more, as if the stars from the sky had descended to lit up the earth. It was, as you guessed it, The Forbidden Forest Park & Bay.

Though I dunno what’s so forbidden about it.

“Wow~! This really is a great place!” Dragon Guy sounded impressed.

“I’ve checked this place out beforehand. Pretty good, huh?” I asked, swelling with mild pride.
“Just like you, Train Boy, to do things ahead of time.”

“I take that as a compliment.”

We sat together side by side on the park bench to enjoy the view. There were a few random couples around the area but everyone was minding their own businesses. We were totally private, in a way.
I could feel my heart pounding as it prepared itself. I could feel it getting ready. Instincts told me that everything was alright, that everything that needed to be said would come out naturally if I were to be prepared to open my mouth to say it. I turned to him a few times and once he responded to it, but I shrank away.

God, I was such a coward.

No, I must not give in to fear!

I must be brave and stand on my own two feet, just as I did that fateful day when we first met.

I must! I must!

I clenched my fists and took a deep breath. Dragon Guy must’ve heard me because he leaned a little towards me.

“Train…Boy…?”

I closed my eyes. I remembered all the advice, all the encouragement and all the well-wishes from all my chat friends. I heard them like I could hear my chat friends right next to my ear, like they were right there encouraging me with their voices, like they were watching my back now.

I couldn’t let them down.

I couldn’t let myself down.

I stood up and faced him. Our eyes locked for the very first time since we were together and time seemed to stand still between us.

I was ready.

I knew in my heart that I was ready.

It’s now or never.

“I…have something…important to tell you.”

No comments: