Monday, January 8, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 18

CHAPTER 18: THE BATTLE IS...

I pick up the phone and continue to sms Dragon Guy, chatting about nothing special in particular again. I guess there is no point for me to wallow in self-pity about spending the summer hols alone, if what is done for Dragon Guy is done. I’m just going to have to be patient about all this. The slightly sweet feeling returns again as we sms each other, talking about where he is going and what he will do there, aside from business and stuff. Before we know it, it is almost midnight.

I think it’s time we call it quits for now. Need to get up early for a meeting tomorrow to discuss about the company trip. Hear from ya tomorrow. Goodnight!

Yeah, goodnight, Dragon Guy. I lie down on the bed thinking about him and the day we had tea together at his home.

The familiar feeling has returned.

The feeling where my heart tells me it’s ready and that it’s time to say what’s on my mind, what I truly feel for my beloved Dragon Guy.

I embrace the feeling.

It’s about time.

Once we meet again, it should be about time.

Oh, which reminds me…

We’re done for now. How should I put this…Well, the next time we meet, the battle will begin. My heart tells me it is ready, I’m sure you guys know what I mean. All that is left is to meet again face to face and try to confirm this feeling towards him. Thank you, everyone, for your support so far.

Twincest: B-B-Battle?!
HerbologyFreak: About time!
Wormtail: Time? Time to confess to our Dragon Guy, innit?!
QuibblerGirl: When? When? When are you gonna profess your love to him?!
The next date will be the second week after the summer hols.
ParkinsonDisease: After the summer hols?! I can’t wait THATlong!!
Moony: I might be outstation at that time. Can’t you make it during the summer hols?

He’s off for a company trip on the summer hols. I could ask him to meet me the day after his company trip but…

Padfoot: But what? You’re not getting cold feet, are you? At least I’ll still be around during the summer hols…
Chinatown: Agh! I’m going back to my job after the summer hols!!

Like I said, I could ask him, but I know after the company trip he’d be a little tired out, so I want him to rest and not push things…

FrenchLady: Aww~! Isn’t that sweet? I wish I could get my husband to hear what you just said!
Lil’Photog: You must push for it! For us, man!!
RedheadFreckles: There is no rush on that. Just continue what’s left of your little bachelor life before you go forward with the love confession thing, coz once you’re really into the relationship, you’ll regret it…
Know-It-All: STFU!!
Padfoot: The next time you guys meet, there is no need for words. You guys would be staring into each other’s eyes and holding each other in warm embrace, and then…LOL!
Lil’Photog: I must say, this really is a miraculous moment for Train Boy…
Wormtail: No! It’s not a miracle! It’s the result of hard work and dedication on his part!!
Twincest: It’s a legend! The birth of an incredible legend! Legend that speaks of a brave man who triumphed over the biggest hurdle of a geek boy’s life…and his name is Train Boy!!
PotionsMaster: Well, I say if it weren’t for whoever it is that requested Train Boy to tell us about the brand of the English teacups and those who urged him to make the phone call, this miracle wouldn’t have gone this far…
ParkinsonDisease: Of course, don’t forget the drunkard geezer who started all this.
QuibblerGirl: In fact, if Train Boy had pretended not to see anything and didn’t do anything, we wouldn’t be here right now.
GrumpyCaretaker: A man with the greatest courage like Train Boy’s is someone that we hardly find these days in this country!

Aww…You guys…

Thanks so much, you guys. I never thought lives can be changed so much just through a measly ordinary-looking forum chatroom…

Twincest: You’re breaking my heart here, dear Train Boy.
Headmaster: The Lord works in mysterious ways, young man.
ParkinsonDisease: My sentiments exactly, Train Boy.
Lil’Photog: Don’t go crying on us now, Train Boy!
QuibblerGirl: LOL!
Wormtail: We can’t take all the credit, Train Boy! It’s not because of our power; it’s because of your own!
Know-It-All: Hang in there, dear ol’ Train Boy.
RedheadFreckles: Give it all you got…
Padfoot: Aww, Train Boy…
HerbologyFreak: Move it on up, Train Boy!
GrumpyCaretaker: Aww, shucks…
FrenchLady: (clap clap)

I really owe it all to you, guys…

--:--

I am at Hogsmeade again, checking out some clothes to see what would be nice to wear for our next date after the summer hols. I try a few, but none of them seem to suit me. After a few more tries and a few other stores, I finally find one in a place called Madam Malkin’s Boutique.

The price is a killer though, and I reluctantly replace it back onto the rack. If I were to buy that, I’ll probably have to survive on instant noodles for the summer hols before the next paycheck comes in. Oh well, no biggie. I guess Dragon Guy wouldn’t really notice if I buy a replica rip-off of that shirt that might cost much less and treat more kindly to my wallet.

As I walk out, a message comes in. I flip it open and see it is from Dragon Guy. I read the message.

I’m at the office right now. I’m not getting the family privilege of leaves now that the company trip is coming up. No rest even on the hols…(sigh) What are you doing, Train Boy? Relaxing with your feet up, I bet?

Such a cute message. I reply him quickly.

I’m doing a bit of shopping, actually. Not having my feet up, sorry to disappoint you, LOL!

Ah…Shopping with another guy, I suppose?

Naw, shopping all in my lonesome, unfortunately.

What did you buy then?

Haven’t bought anything. More like window-shopping and decide on some clothes.

You’re pretty into it.

Well, I gotta look my best the next time we meet.

Speaking of which, I’ll be back after the summer hols somewhere around July 30th, so how’s August 2nd sound?

OK, if it’s not too tiring for you. I wish you a safe flight, and do enjoy your trip!

No big. Wait for souvenirs I’m getting for you!

I don’t reply anymore because I am thinking about the date in which we agreed to meet.

August the 2nd, huh?

I can literally feel the wheels of my train of thought working as I pocket my phone.

August the 2nd…August the 2nd…

Ah! Fuck it! I gotta get that shirt!

So, despite the crazy cut-throat price, I tear the shirt off the rack and buy it on the spot. It hurts my wallet in more ways than one, but I know that in the long term, it’s worth it.

As I stare at the shopping bag containing my newly bought shirt, another message comes in. It’s Dragon Guy. I flip my phone open and see that it’s not an sms, but a picture message. I click on the link that is displayed on the screen and it reveals Dragon Guy’s smiling face and the short but sweet message that comes with it:

Can’t wait to meet ya!

I smile. Dragon Guy seems to always have creative ways of telling his feelings to me. I reciprocate with a picture of myself and adding the short message in it, saying:

So do I~!

I hope he likes my mugshot.

No comments: