Sunday, January 7, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 11

CHAPTER 11: EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?

Dragon Guy: Wow~! What a beautiful night scene! I feel happy all of a sudden!
Train Boy: This is a secret place, but because it’s you, I show it to you. (looks at DG nervously) Um…Dragon Guy…I…uh…I…
Dragon Guy: (stops TB’s lips with his finger) Let me say the rest. Since the day you saved me, I have always loved you. I may be older than you, I am a hard worker, and I will not disappoint you, so please go out with me.
Train Boy: (holds DG gently) Can I really…?
Dragon Guy: Yes, please…
As they kiss the city of lights shine behind them, as if protecting them and wishing them well with its warmth…

Moony: Gah, that’s the cheesiest wishful-thinking RP I’ve ever written.
Twincest: Nonsense. It’s actually quite catchy.
FrenchLady: I want to experience that sort of love story!
HerbologyFreak: Me too!
Wormtail: What else? What else?
Moony: Can’t write anymore. I’m at work.
Padfoot: We call him Dragon Guy, but Dragon Guy and his friend Muggle-born calls him Train Boy or probably Sin City Elijah Wood. Calling him in that nickname sounds sweet, so he’s gotta have the hicks for Train Boy, no doubt about it! Although that’s what I think…
Twincest: I’m surrounded by moronic daydreamers! Anyone who actually has confessed or been confessed of love to, for real?
HerbologyFreak: I knew a girl once when I was working part time. I tried telling her but she ran off. When we met at a cocktail party, she said “Let’s just be friends first”, then 2 weeks later, she said “Sorry, I still can’t…” In fact I confessed to my junior in an activity group but she rejected me by saying “I never saw you as a man”…(sob)
Twincest: Not helping…(sweat)

--:--

I get a message from Dragon Guy on my way to meet a client. This is his message:

What are you doing now? :D

Ah, sweet Dragon Guy. Thinking about me even at work. I reply him what I am doing, wishing our next date could arrive sooner.

--:--

Sorry I’m late, guys. I was doing a little overtime today, coz I spent too much time sms-ing Dragon Guy and didn’t get much work done. But of course, we agreed on a date tomorrow.

Twincest: To…Tomorrow?!
HerbologyFreak: Wow, Train Boy, you’re moving fast!
Wormtail: It’s not that. He’s always had the courage. It just needed time.

Nah, it’s not that. It’s all thanks to you guys.

Know-It-All: So when’s the confession day?
QuibblerGirl: Confirmed that Dragon Guy is single yet?

Nope. Haven’t heard from him about that yet. I’m even worried Muggle-born might be his boyfriend.

PotionsMaster: Nonsense! He wouldn’t bring Muggle-born if he was his boyfriend. Just ask him! Say “If you got a sweetheart, wouldn’t I be inconveniencing you to ask you out all the time?”
Padfoot: Don’t panic! Don’t panic! You must prepare a long term battle here!
Moony: Yeah. In fact, there’s not much room for us to participate anymore.

Thanks, guys, for your advice tonight. I’ll do my best tomorrow.

--:--

Hey, everyone. Thanks for waiting. Here’s the update for the day…

So, on our 3rd date today, as usual, I came early. Surprisingly this time, Dragon Guy was earlier, waiting for me with his sleeveless vest and leather jeans and boots. I ran up to him, wondering if he had waited long for me.

“Dragon Guy!”

“Hey there,” he smiled at me.

“You’re earlier this time.”

“Gotta be, once in a while.”

We walked through another crowded street again. This time, Dragon Guy decided on our dinner spot, so I tagged along behind him.

“So much people, and it’s only a Friday…” Dragon Guy pouted. That’s the first time I saw him pout. He’s so cute.

“Yeah, I agree.”

“Follow me closely, Train Boy.”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got a hold on ya!”

And I did. Imitating the first time Dragon Guy held me, I held onto his elbow and his facial reaction was probably almost like how I did back then. But instead of pulling or jerking away like we used to, he stared at my hand for a while, took it off his elbow and clasped it in his own hand.

“There. Holding hands like this would be more natural,” he said with a suave smile.

“Um…Um, yeah, of course,” I smiled back and squeezed it gently.

I felt like flying in my footsteps at the moment.

Surprisingly, he chose Three Broomsticks Steak and Winehouse, just as suggested by one of the chat friends in the first place. It was rather posh, much classier than Leaking Cauldron, but that made the food taste so much better! We went Dutch again as well for the bill. I half-jokingly offered to foot the bill but he put his foot down and insisted on going Dutch. A bit on the stubborn side, I must say.

After window-shopping for a while, surprise, surprise! We ended up having coffee and cake at Rosmerta’s Delight, the place one of the chat friends suggested of it being a great haunt for gay couples. That confirmed me even more besides him holding my hand about his sexual orientation. It’s got a nice sweet pastry smell mixed with the strong smell of coffee beans, and I usually don’t eat a lot of sweet stuff, but this was delicious.

We talked for so long, we didn’t realize it was almost closing time, so we quickly paid the bills. It’s a little chilly out, and the streets weren’t so crowded as before—so no worries on losing each other—but we still ended up unconsciously holding hands as we walked in silence.

In the subway on our way back, the silence was unsettling. It wasn’t my favourite part of the date where we had to part and not see each other again. I noticed Dragon Guy’s melancholic expression and was a little concerned.

“You alright? You look tired.”

“Yeah, just a little,” Dragon Guy smiled wryly.

“You…sure everything’s alright?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m sure. Everything’s a-OK.”

I wasn’t too convinced.

“So…uh…how far is your home from the station?” I asked.

“About 10 minutes or so,” he replied, almost in a questioning tone.

“I’ll walk you home then.”

“Oh, no need to do that. It’s fine.”

“But…”

“It’s OK, really. It’s alright.”

Well…If he insisted…

Once at his stop, we spent the usual 15 seconds staring at each other, savouring each other’s presence as much as possible.

“I’ll…I’ll sms you.”

Dragon Guy didn’t reply.

“D…Dragon Guy…?”

Without warning, about 3 seconds before the door closed, he reached out and grabbed my sleeve before pulling me out of the train. Time almost stood still for a moment there before I realized the train had left, leaving Dragon Guy and I standing face to face with his hand clutched tightly on my sleeve.

“I…changed my mind,” Dragon Guy said sheepishly. “Walk me home.”

It took me a while before I smiled.

“OK.”

No comments: