Monday, January 8, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 20

CHAPTER 20: TRAIN BOY'S LOST CONFIDENCE

Hey, guys. You know, honestly speaking…I lost my confidence…

Twincest: Wha…What?
Wormtail: Excuse me?
Chinatown: Huh?
Ablaze: What’s wrong, Train Boy?
Know-It-All: Hmm?

I hesitate a little, trying to get my bearings before I continue.

I feel like…you know, I’m not the type of guy who can expect anything out of a relationship. Come to think of it, I don’t really feel like I’m suitable to be a loner or have a lover at all, but that’s just me…

Twincest: Hey, hey, hold up! You’ve gone this far now, what is it with this kind of depressing talk?!
Padfoot: Yeah! You were so hyped before!
Moony: Are you trying to run away, Train Boy?!
FrenchLady: You’re almost there, Train Boy! What’s wrong?
Chinatown: You’ve improved so much so far! You must believe in yourself!
RedHeadFreckles: Don’t be such a pussy, Train Boy!
Know-It-All: Yeah! At least put your foot down and make up your mind!

I don’t know…It’s just that I just got off the phone with Dragon Guy…He told me about his company trip and I found out that he speaks perfect foreign languages, has exotic friends, and living the easy life…Yet I was here all day, fixing up my room and selling off things that I never really wanted to part in the first place and that took me a lifetime to collect…We…We’re really living in 2 different worlds…Totally different lifestyles that don’t tally and never really come close to a match…(sigh) What a real big difference we both are…

Wormtail: OF COURSE YOU GUYS ARE DIFFERENT! IT’S ALMOST A NORMAL THING! HOW CAN YOU COMPARE YOURSELF WITH HIM?! IF YOU’RE GONNA WORRY ABOUT THAT AND GIVE UP ON THE FLY SO EASILY, YOU WON’T SCORE IT WITH DRAGON GUY, LET ALONE ANYONE ELSE!!!
HerbologyFreak: Ranting and capslock frenzy aside, Wormtail is right. You’re already gone as far as remodeling yourself into a handsome man with worthy qualities, so not only you need Dragon Guy, he needs you too.
PotionsMaster: W…ell, come to think of it, Dragon Guy sure has much more better qualities than you do, maybe that’s what got you so tripped up. LOL
Ablaze: Don’t go saying unnecessary things, you greasy git!
ParkinsonDisease: Yeah, you old bat!
Twincest: We’re trying to help him get his spirits back up here!
QuibblerGirl: Annoying!
Headmaster: A little harsh there, young man…
Moony: Believe us, Train Boy! There’s no problem!
Lil’Photog: Just bring out all your good stuff! You can do it!

Really, huh…? So you guys DO think that he’s got better qualities than me. Probably too good a quality. If we really got down to it seriously…can I satisfy him…? Or will he be outta my league…?

Twincest: Oi vey…
Padfoot: -_-‘”
QuibblerGirl: Oh, he’s got it bad…
GrumpyCaretaker: What’ll we do now…?
HerbologyFreak: How did it turn out this way…?
Chinatown: Oh dear…

It feels like a long time of quiet, helpless chat friends before I hear another entry into the chatroom.

Slugger: You disappoint me, Train Boy…

Wha…? Disappoint? What does he mean…?

S&D: That’s right, Train Boy. Dragon Guy might not be as perfect as you think. You might be disappointed and upset for being a Honeydukes geek boy, but he himself might be disappointed on things on himself that you might not know about.
Wormtail: Love is all about the effort, Train Boy! You must not give up; think about Dragon Guy! If you can’t do that, then go to hell! Die a thousand deaths, why don’t ya?
GrumpyCaretaker: You think the Dragon Guy you love only likes you for how you look?! Do you think he is a selfish, shallow dumb blonde?!
Padfoot: No~! My Dragon Guy would never be that way!
GentleGiant: Since when is Dragon Guy yours, Padfoot?
Know-It-All: Dragon Guy is only enjoying a company trip like anyone else would. With you, it’s a special kind of enjoyment!
RedHeadFreckles: I agree! Don’t feel down. I may be pessimistic before, but now I believe that even though you’ve walked your own separate ways to get here, everything will be fine once you carry on the journey together.
Moony: Moreover, so what if he can speak foreign languages? So what if he goes overseas often? So what if he’s an expert in tea? Compared to all that, going to Dragon Guy’s house is the true feat here! Because there is no airport in this world that can ever get you that sort of ticket! Foreign languages and traveling overseas are just a wallet and time away! No money is ever gonna buy you a chance to get even near Dragon Guy’s place if it weren’t for your own efforts!

Y…You guys…

W…Why? Why are you guys going all out like this? I wipe the tears of comfort off my eyes as I try to take in the fact that there are such things as nice people in this world.

After my parents’ death, I no longer believed in true sincerity and kindness, not after I was treated with such indifference and cruelty by the sorry excuse for a relative that raised me.

I never thought that I can find such people in the internet, and in a forum chatroom no less…

I will try my best, guys. I swear I will…

My phone buzzes, telling me there is a message. I pick it up and see that it is Dragon Guy sending me this message:

Forgot to tell you, I bought a loooooooooooooooot of souvenirs, so be sure to bring a bag along!

Dragon Guy…

Even when he went for his company trip, he still did not forget about me. He promised to buy souvenirs and he really did deliver.

Meaning he still thinks of me, that he still cares…

I promise! I promise I’ll bring along a huge bag to accept your gifts!

Thanks, guys! Thank you so much! I’m on top of the world now thanks to you guys!

Twincest: Phew~! Finally back to your usual self, eh?
QuibblerGirl: You got us worried there with your mood swings before the battle.
Lil’Photog: Don’t lose out, Train Boy!
GrumpyCaretaker: If you do this with all your heart, Dragon Guy will accept you with open arms!
Headmaster: Agreed, agreed.
FrenchLady: Hang in there, Train Boy! Trust us!
Wormtail: Can you feel it now? Can you feel the force with you, Train Boy?

Yeah~! The force is with me, all charged up and ready to rumble~!

No comments: