Monday, January 8, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 23

CHAPTER 23: I'M HOME

6:45pm
Moony: I hope you guys haven’t started without me.

7:09pm
Wormtail: Food all set and ready! OK, people! You can come back anytime, Train Boy!

8:13pm
HerbologyFreak: Alrighty! Fully awake and fully charged!

9:25pm
RedHeadFreckles: Is it time yet? Is he back yet?
Know-It-All: STFU!

11:58pm
QuibblerGirl: Not back yet? I’m getting drunk here.
Lil’Photog: Well, I’m getting sleepy…

0:25am
Twincest: We’re having curry rice at the moment. I wish I could eat with you guys.
Padfoot: Agh! Now I’m having a craving for curry!
S&D: Well, we’re having curry instant noodles here, lol!

1:12am
PotionsMaster: Don’t you think it’s a little too late?
Chinatown: Yeah, you’re right…

1:19am
GentleGiant: What’s happening?
ParkinsonDisease: What’s going on here?

1:59am
Wormtail: D-D-D-Do you think m-m-m-maybe he’s not coming home? P-P-P-Possibly he’s…f-f-found a place to stay out?
Padfoot: Aiiee~!!! Staying out! Staying out! Staying out!
HerbologyFreak: Or maybe he’s being rejected and having a little nervous breakdown…
Ablaze: Train Boy is not that weak!!

2:48am
Headmaster: Don’t worry, Train Boy will surely return.
GentleGiant: I believe him too. I’ll be waiting.
Lil’Photog: I’ll…be waiting…as well…(yawn)

3:51am
FrenchLady: At least let me hear you say “I’m home”, dear Train Boy.

4:33am
RedHeadFreckles: But…it’s kinda…late…(groan)
Know-It-All: Hey! Stay awake there!!
QuibblerGirl: I can’t hold out much longer…
Twincest: Ugh~! I’m so~ sleepy…but I feel if we fall asleep, Train Boy would suddenly show up~!

Hey, guys. I’m home. You guys waited long? Sorry.

Twincest: Yahoo~!!!
Wormtail: Welcome home, Train Boy~!
Moony: Waaaaiiii~~!! ldkghdgfiaphepfhenpeejunsionfkhejhdhkh (total ramble)
Ablaze: I didn’t fall asleep! Alright~!
Know-It-All: We waited for 14 hours! Our team wins!
Padfoot: I win too~!

I know all of you have been waiting for me. Should I just tell you the results?

Padfoot: Please! Please tell us the results!!
HerbologyFreak: Wha? Direct blast?!
Twincest: Wait, wait! Put the best to the last!
ParkinsonDisease: Yeah, yeah! Results at the end!
RedHeadFreckles: Bloody hell! Say whichever end you want! Just give us the bloody report!
FrenchLady: I think it’s better if Train Boy says it in his own chronology.
Wormtail: No, no, please! I beg you! Tell us slowly! Without the build-up suspense, we won’t be satisfied!

Alright. I’m really sleepy actually, but I guess I can write alright. So, anywho, when I was waiting outside his house, I continuously memorized what I wanted to confess ever since I left the subway. Even after I rang the doorbell, my hands still shook with nervousness. He made my blood tingle within me just watching him lock the doors and said “Hi” to me before getting the car out. He’s always wearing something different whenever I meet him. Makes me wonder how many clothes does he have? Although…I guess whatever he wears suits him…

We drove in his Nimbus 300 car, the latest brand these days. It suited him very well with its jet black mixed with silver, and a tint of dark green here and there. We decided on buying the PC first, so he said he would have to rely on my to show him the way.

He drove the car, since I didn’t have the license yet, and I couldn’t help feeling that he looked rather cute facing sideways.

He noticed me staring at him and tilted his head at me.

“Something wrong?”

I broke out of my silly lovesick trance and laughed it away nervously.

“N-N-Nothing! Ha ha! Carry on!”

Gah! The way he tilted his head made me so excited!

HerbologyFreak: Tilted…
Lil’Photog: His…
Padfoot: Head…??
Wormtail: Like that?! I feel as if I’ve known Dragon Guy all my life and the love he gives out exhilarates me! So that’s how lovers feel, huh?! I never had this sorta experience before~!
Slugger: Now he makes ME feel excited!
Twincest: Gah~! I can feel the curry I just ate coming out of my pores~!
Know-It-All: Stop interrupting Train Boy! Carry on!

We parked at the basement of a shopping mall to avoid the upcoming horrors of traffic that might hinder our exit, and I was amazed at Dragon Guy’s expert parking skills. Even I couldn’t park my bike for nuts.

“You’re really good at this!” I complimented as we got out of the car.

“Well,” Dragon Guy scratched his chin bashfully, “I seem to have more control over this car than others. The rest of the cars at home just hate me. In fact, the last I drove my dad’s car, I scratched it 3 times.”

“Ah. That bad, huh?”

We walked out of the shopping mall and headed to our first PC shop I planned to recommend. As we crossed the road while I directed him to the destination, I felt him grip the end of my sleeve. I turned to look and he gave me a cheeky smile. Imitating him as he did to me, I took his hand off my sleeve and took it in mine.

“It’s more natural that way,” I smiled.

“Yeah, you’re right,” he smiled back. “It does feel natural.”

And surprisingly, he took my hand and clasped it tight. It was beyond my expectations. I had never expected that.

My other hand couldn’t help secretly drawing circles in the air all over the place.

Wormtail: Wow~! He clutched your hand back?!
Padfoot: Aiee~! How touching~!!
GrumpyCaretaker: Very good, Dragon Guy!
Twincest: Argh~! We can’t stand it either~!

We browsed through quite a number of shopes that I recommended would be a good place to get the PC he wanted. I recommended a few when he asked which PC he should take, and almost immediately he decided to get the ones I suggested. He never even thought about comparing or thinking twice about getting a better one. If I let him carry on, he might just end up buying the whole store.

“Alright, maybe I’ll take this one then,” he said it for the umpteenth time and almost called for a sales assistant to wrap it up before I stopped him.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna think about it and survey other specs? I mean, you’ve been saying OK for almost all the PCs I’ve recommended.”

“Well, as long as it’s by your recommendation, I put my trust in it,” he just replied briefly in his matter-of-fact way, giving me that usual cheerful smile of his.

Aww…Dragon Guy…

Well, we finally decided on a laptop instead of a PC since Dragon Guy’s job took him all over the place. I was pretty impressed that he bought the laptop and its accessories (plus a laptop skin cover and bag that slightly matched his daily planner in terms of colour and style) all in one go and didn’t mind whipping our his credit card to pay for all of them. Not once did he let me pay for some of the things he bought, saying that he should bear the expenses of his own personal things, but of course, I offered to carry his shopping.

Though I must admit, it’s bloody heavy.

“Sorry,” Dragon Guy said as we left the shop with our stuff. “Let me carry half of it.”

“No, no, it’s OK,” I replied. “They’re very heavy…”

Before I could protest, he snatched away the stuff I had on my left hand and carried them in his own while his right hand reached over to grab my now empty left hand before I could wrestle with him for the stuff. With another cheeky smile and red-tinted cheeks, he looked up at me, hoping that I would get the message.

I did.

Padfoot: Gah~! He takes your stuff and held your free hand~! Agh~! sqishtigunerFfujiko (ramble, hand bang wall)!!!
Twincest: Aah~!!! (happy sobs)
Wormtail: He went as far as that just to hold your hand~!! (flinging food)

We put the stuff in the trunk as soon as we got to his car. Shockingly, instead of entering the driver’s seat, he went straight to me first to inspect the chafes I had on my palms.

“Sorry for letting you carry my stuff,” he said. “Must be really heavy.”

“Naw…It’s OK, really…”

The best part was him massaging my palms to ease the chafes.

WAHOO~! YEAH~! DRAGON GUY IS THE BEST~!!

Alright. Break time. I’m just gonna take a breather for a while. Don’t worry, I’m not going to bed yet.

Padfoot: Agh~! How can this be?!
Wormtail: You’re bailing out on us now?!
Twincest: That’s abandonment! Abandonment, I tell ya!!
Lil’Photog: Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!! I can’t stand it~!!! I can’t wait anymore~!!!
Moony: I’m dying of suspense too~!!

No comments: