Sunday, January 7, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 7

CHAPTER 7: SHOULD I REALLY LET IT GO?

It was decided that we should linger in Hogsmeade for a little while, so it was Dragon Guy’s turn to decide where to go…

“There’s a winehouse down the street that is my usual favourite. Wanna come along with me to try it out?”

“Yes! Yes, of course! No problem-o!” I exclaimed sounding desperate for a moment, much to Dragon Guy’s amusement, but then I remembered something, “Um…but…don’t you have, like, a curfew or…something?”

Dragon Guy literally guffawed at my face and punched me playfully.

“Oh, come on, Train Boy! I’m too old for that! But then again, I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“Um, err, I didn’t mean to…” I cleared my throat and took out my wallet, fishing out some money, “Uh, before we do anything, here’s my share of the bill. We promised to go Dutch, remember?”

“Um, I think you gave me a little extra…” Dragon Guy counted the dollar bills and wanted to protest but I was adamant.

“Nope. I asked you out, so it’s only fair.”

“Oh well,” Dragon Guy shrugged and pocketed the money. “Don’t mind if I do. Let’s go then.”

We went to a night-time only winehouse called Boarhound Winehouse and Lounge. It was very classy and posh, and had numerous wines in display. I wouldn’t even dare step in here alone for nuts, and yet now here I was, having Burgundy and blue cheese and crackers and grapes with Dragon Guy. It felt almost surreal.

“This place is kinda posh,” I commented.

“Yup. They’ve got class, alright. It’s one of my favourite haunts. A whole variety of wine, great food to compliment them, affordable prices…it’s all good here.”

We spent about almost an hour and two bottles of Burgundy talking about the wine they have around here. Well, Dragon Guy was more of the expert in the field. He could literally tell me the history of each and every person who made red and white wine and champagne popular throughout the times. It was interesting to see this intellectual side of Dragon Guy. Goes to show not all blondes are dumb.

“Say, Train Boy,” Dragon Guy changed the topic, “that time when you rushed up to take care of that snakey drunk geezer, what did it feel like?”

“Feel?” I scratched my head. “Well, it felt kinda scary, I guess.”

“Scary, huh? I knew it. Hmm…But then again…Then again, if everyone in the world can be just like you, wouldn’t it be cool?”

“Huh?”

“I would also like to be as brave as you, Train Boy!”

Was he bloody drunk? The colour on his cheeks said so.

“And I wish my bosses would have balls like you and my colleagues would learn from your example, don’t you agree?”

“Uh…That wouldn’t be necessary though…”

Dragon Guy stopped for a while, realizing what he just said and laughed at his own stupidity. His laugh was infectious and I laughed along with him too, before we talked about nothing in particular.
Before we knew it, it was almost 10pm. We left the winehouse as soon as we paid the bill. Of course, we went Dutch again with him paying by credit card and then I paid him back my share.

We walked again in silence all the way to the subway station. And we were quiet as well while we were on the train. I guess we just ran out of things to say for real this time.

“I’ll be getting off at the next stop,” Dragon Guy said quietly.

“Yeah, I guess,” I replied, trying to hide my reluctance.

“I really had a wonderful time. Thanks.”

“Thank you too.”

Silence again between us. I knew if I let him go now, there wouldn’t be anymore of us. I should’ve said something to create a chance for a next date, but I couldn’t say anything.

How could I still be such a coward?

The train started to slow down, signifying that we’re reaching Dragon Guy’s stop.

Should I end it like this?

Is it really OK?

Dragon Guy stepped off the train along with a few other passengers. We stared at each other for a while, waiting for the 15 second door limit to end.

Do I really want this to end?

Was it worth it to leave it as it is?

“Bye, Train Boy. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.”

I had to say something.

Anything.

“You too! I’ll…I’ll call ya!”

With that, the door closed. He stood there, watching me leave, and I stood at the door, watching him until I could no longer see him anymore…

And that was it…

Twincest: Gods…Feels like we’re watching some sorta ‘Bold and Beautiful’ soap opera or a chick-flick romance movie…(choke)
Know-It-All: I feel like I wanna just hold you in my arms right now, Train Boy!
PotionsMaster: Dragon Guy sounds like a pretty decent fellow, my kind of guy.
Padfoot: So this…this is how dating feels like, huh? TT_TT
HerbologyFreak: You did it! (sob) Train Boy, you finally did it!

Thanks, you guys. Thank you so much.

I lean against the keyboard and think back about our date. I never thought he’d walk so slow, and his hand on my arm feels so soft and tender. I can still feel the phantom grasp as I scroll down to see more replies.

Moony: Someone once said, that if you gone as far as having dinner with someone who dressed up for you, you’ve moved up a notch in life. At least you were decent to him as well.

I guess. But…But I think…I think it’s really over now.

One reply on the screen is all it takes to make me pick up my phone and stare at it in deep thought.

QuibblerGirl: Is it really over? Ask yourself truthfully: Is it OK to end like this?

………

Is it…?

No comments: