Monday, January 8, 2018

Train Boy Who Lived-Chp 21

CHAPTER 21: IF IT WERE THERE...

I am at a computer shop browsing around trying to find the cheap, high-end computer money can buy. It’s about a day before our reunion date and I’m hoping to find some places where I can show Dragon Guy what he wants and help him decide on a good PC.

Although, come to think of it, I’ve surveyed numerous other PC shops and can’t seem to find something more or less reasonable. Their prices and specs are more or less the same, really. I just hope that Dragon Guy is OK with something slightly a little higher in price than what he bargained for.

As I leave that shop to go to another, I receive a message from Dragon Guy.

What are you doing?

I’m preparing for our reunion.

He replies lightning fast as usual, but what he sends me is something I would’ve never expected.

(^3^)

Needless to say, I tell this to my chat friends.

Wohoo~! I feel like in 7th Heaven right now! Everything is ready, and all I have to do is wait for the battle day!

Twincest: Muah muah!
Lil’Photog: Smoochies~!
Padfoot: Wohoo~! Go, Train Boy, go!
Wormtail: Kiss, kiss, fall in love!
GrumpyCaretaker: Kissy, kissy~!

As I laugh at my chat friends’ teases, another message comes in and as usual, it’s Dragon Guy.

Check out my company trip piccies!

I click on the picture link and am shocked to see a picture of Muggle-born and Dragon in their see-through singlets and very short pants smiling at the camera in their hotel room. I almost fall off the chair seeing it.

Oh my God~! My God~! He’s…He’s like in his nighties~!

Oh, and just to let you know, I’m lying down on bed in my nighties right now.

Agh~! For real?! Lemme see! Lemme see! Lemme see!! I literally text that in my reply. Unfortunately his answer is:

No way~! ;p

I know it’s too good to be true, a wishful thinking. But anyone can dream.

Come to think of it…

I think he does like me, love me even…

Twincest: A little early to lose control, are we?
Wormtail: Don’t forget who is the “World’s Only Virgin Boy”!
PotionsMaster: Aren’t you all high and mighty? What’s your reason about this?
Well…C’mon, guys, I mean you wouldn’t say to someone you don’t like things like “I look forward to meet you” or “I really wanna hear your voice”, stuff like that. I can’t be wrong!
Twincest: That’s it, lover boy! We’re ignoring you now!
Wormtail: Zzzz…
PotionsMaster: I’m getting something to eat…

I turn to the calendar to look at the date. Ever since the summer hols started and Dragon Guy went for his company trip, I often count the days to our reunion date. Now that I look at it, it really is a day left before the date.

……

Oi vey…

You know, I’m suddenly getting cold sweat here…I think maybe it’s because of it being close to D-Day…

Wormtail: There goes the high spirits…
Padfoot: Muahaha! Torture! Torture!
Twincest: He’s starting again. You OK there, Train Boy?

I’ve never really been OK since I met him. I mean, he’s always been my focus in life, to the point where I get both happy and sad…

My phone rings as I finish my last words. It’s Dragon Guy! I pick it up and answer it.

“Hello! Good afternoon!”

“G-G-Good afternoon!” I’m stuttering as usual.

“What are you doing?” Dragon Guy asks. I can hear Salazar in the background. The mutt must know he’s talking to me.

“I’m online…uh…checking on some things. Ah ha ha…”

“Checking…on our reunion date, maybe?”

“Yeah, some places with good bargains for a PC.”

“Well, there’s gonna be a bit of carrying going on, so how’s about using my car?”

“I’m counting on you!”

“Oh, I got us a great restaurant for chow-time.”

“It’s all yours.”

“You seem to answer very quickly,” Dragon Guy sounds annoyed. “You think I’m being troublesome?”

“No, no,” I laugh, trying to calm him down. “I just thought that you are more familiar with things than me, ha ha…”

Dragon Guy sounds cute even when he’s annoyed. He makes my heart tingle.

Tingle…

“Um, you know…” I hesitate a little before continuing, “You know…about the message last time?”

“Oh…” Dragon Guy sounds a little hesitant too. “Yeah?”

“I, uh, I found some place with great scenery…and it’s, well, pretty peaceful and quiet…”

“Ah, OK, I get it,” Dragon Guy sounds like he’s smiling, “yeah, I guess if it were there, we might be able to have a long chat. So…I’m counting you on that.”

“Sure. No prob.”

“Alright. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.”

“Same to you. Goodnight.”

I hang up the phone, trying to get my bearings before returning to my chat friends.

OK! Operation Location Lure is a success!

Ablaze: Alright!
Headmaster: That’s wonderful!
Moony: Far-out!
Twincest: You mean…lure as in…?
GentleGiant: Figure it out, genius.

We’ve discussed about our reunion date. As soon as we get a PC, we are going to the battle station.

QuibblerGirl: Great work!
Chinatown: Awesome!
Know-It-All: See? Once you’ve made up your mind, you can do it!
ParkinsonDisease: You did great!
FrenchLady: Far-out!

What’s left now is to do what I should’ve done, though I worry about the outcome…

Wormtail: Don’t talk about it like it’s our problem!
PotionsMaster: Yeah! The whole point is on your efforts, boy!
Chinatown: No problem! No problem! You must have confidence!
GrumpyCaretaker: You can do this, boy!

Yeah, I guess you’re right. A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

Know-It-All: Ride on, Train Boy!
HerbologyFreak: Pull yourself together!
Lil’Photog: Move it up!

He’s asleep now, so I’m gonna turn in too! Thanks again, all of you.

I look forward to the day of the battle.

No comments: