Sunday, September 29, 2013

100 List Challenge: Smile



The Crying Traveler
Nakh and Rai wandered around, wondering where their 'wives' were.

"Seen them anywhere?" Rai asked.

"Nope," Nakh said, scouring the area. "Can't see them. Too crowded. Everyone looks the same."

"How can a human look the same as fox demon? Your 'wife' is the only human around. How hard is it to spot?"

"Well, you try spotting them from..."

"Hey, boys!"

Nakh and Rai stopped bickering to see their 'wives' coming towards them. Judging by the things that they were carrying, they seemed to be just from the market.

And seeing their smiles was enough to drive them wild.

--:--

Love of the Damned
Thilius and Faira were at the spot where they first met, checking out the scenes.

"Remember this is where we first met?" Faira asked.

"Yeah," Thilius replied grudgingly. "You took my quota away from me and got me punished badly by the Dark Lord."

"Sorry. I was only doing my job."

"So was I. Well? Any progress on the guy you stole from me?"

"He's doing fine actually. He started his own restaurant and is currently dating a single mother with 2 children. She's even pregnant with his child and are considering marriage. The children loves the guy to bits. See what difference does it make to him rather than letting him burn?"

"Yeah," Thilius replied as he smiled sincerely for the first time in centuries. "I'm glad. Kinda."

It was the smile that Faira would remember forever.
 

No comments: