Monday, September 30, 2013

100 List Challenge: Stars

The Crying Traveler
Nakh stirred as he felt something snuggling up to his chin. He opened his eyes to see Kalana trying to get cozy against him.

"What are you doing here? You should be sleeping inside the cave."

"I feel lonely," Kalana whined. "I can't sleep without you."

"But it's cold out here," Nakh replied. "You'll get sick and I'm afraid that you and the baby would..."

"Then I have you to keep me warm now, haven't I?"

Nakh thought for a while, then smiled and held him close. Soon the lovers dosed off under the stars.

--:--

Love of the Damned
Thilius and Faira lay on the rooftop, looking at the stars in the sky.

"Isn't it beautiful, the night sky tonight?" Faira asked.

"Mmhmm," Thilius replied.

"One of the Lord's best creation during the Seven Days."

"What exactly are they made of anyway? The stars?"

"They're just light. Pure light that shines in different levels."

"Hmm, and to think the mortals call it 'big balls of gas burning billions of miles away'."

"Mortals tend to want to explain things that they themselves cannot understand. It's their nature."

"Thanks to the Big Guy. He created them."

"Yeah, I know. It's the little imperfections He deliberately implemented that makes each and every mortal special."

No comments: